Why I'm Better Off Single

I'm Usually A Relationship Type Of Girl, But I Realized I'm Better Off Single

Always listen to your gut.

445
Lexi Schroeder

I'm one who truly loves being in a relationship. I like knowing I have someone there and who I can go on ice cream dates with whenever.

All of my relationships have been long, my first one was almost two years and my last one was a year and a half. My last relationship I pretty much thought would be my forever one. I was in love with him and I pictured myself with him forever basically. When the day came where he ended things with me, it felt like my world ended. I didn't know what to do with myself anymore. I wasn't prepared for the single world at all.

I downloaded all the dating apps in the hope of potentially find something real. I did meet a couple of people who I almost had relationships with, but they didn't work out in the end. Truthfully, I was peaking at this point in my life. No care in the world and no commitments. I was focusing on work, school and casually going on dates here and there. It was a great time.

Eventually, I got tired of being played and/or not committing to someone for small reasons. I was actively looking for a relationship at this point... and I found one. He is a great person and truly one of the most down to earth people I've ever met. Looking back at it, I definitely feel like I rushed into something I wasn't ready for. I wasn't all in and it was unfair to him. I kept comparing my new relationship to my old one. And they were much different feelings. After talking to him about it, we both came to an agreement that we were in different parts of our lives and that simply we weren't meant to be together.

I'm about to be 21 years old, I have my whole life ahead of me to find my soulmate... let alone one that will come into my life unexpectedly instead of me forcing it. Although I'd consider myself someone who loves to be in a relationship, at this point in my life, I only have one person to worry about and that's myself. True love comes naturally, it's never forced.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.