I Love Driving With You

I Love Driving With You

The difference between driving and driving with a purpose.

16
I Love Driving With You

It's hard to imagine life without you. I remember those days when you were not there, I was living but a piece always felt missing. I could not quite figure out what it was, but now I know. What was missing was the piece of me that I hid deep inside - the piece that sings and dances and laughs with the windows rolled down as we drive down the highway alternating between rapping (or at least trying to) and pop.

Sprinkled with my newfound Zumba moves, speaking of which, you need to attend another class with me...and my off key singing, I no longer feel the need to hide the piece of me that for a while thought was missing for good. I guess the truth is, we do not find missing pieces in others, others help us to find our own missing pieces, and that is more valuable than finding them alone. I have travelled more miles next to you than I have ever next to anybody..and in those miles we have travelled we have done more than just drive. We have learned to accept each other for what we are and learned to love each other more than just superficially.

Do you remember the time we drove to Marlyand? Of course you do. You always remember everything. I took the wheel in the morning because you had gotten out of work late and talked to you until you fell asleep. It was in that moment that I realized something that I had felt for a while but never acknowledged. Being with you is easy. It's simple. It's fun and it makes me smile every day. Sometimes we don't even have to talk during our drives, and they are still perfect. Whether you are sleeping or singing along side of me, I'm grateful for our time spent together.

Thanks for being my driving buddy, my love, and my best friend...I can only hope to be the same for you. I wonder where life will take us next? Niagara Falls? Florida? Maybe a trip to the best ice cream place with what seems like a million flavors? Wherever it is, I am just glad it will be next to you.

So as we drive tonight together and for all the other times we will drive together, may time stand still for a few minutes, may the silence be our own refuge from the world, from the stress, and the chaos of everyday..and for the small amount of time we drive, let us do just that. Because truth be told, I love to drive with you.