5 Reasons Why Ice Cream Is The Solution For Any Situation
Food Drink

5 Reasons Why Ice Cream is the solution for any situation

Yeah, my local ice cream place knows my order before I walk in, but it's all fine.

2626
Jared Sluyter

So you know how people are repetitive visitors to Starbucks to the point that the baristas already know their order? Yeah, that's me, except I hate coffee. So my go-to is ice cream.

Having a bad day? Ice cream. Celebrating something? Ice Cream. Ice cream is the cure-all go-to fix for anything. It's all true.

1. Food happiness.

Ice cream just brings inexplicable happiness. How can you not be happy when eating that cold goodness? It's sweet and refreshing on a hot day. Your favorite flavor is enough to bring happiness to any situation.

2. Comfort of friendship.

Ice cream is the best way to bring friends together. I know if I'm invited to go get ice cream with someone, I don't care what time it is, what I'm doing, or who it's with...I go! So if you're feeling lonely, need to make some new friends, invite them to go get ice cream with you. It's the perfect bonding experience that is sure to bring your friendship to a new level based on your mutual love for ice cream.

3. Feeling of belonging.

I don't know about you, but my favorite local ice cream shops already know what I'm going to order from the second I walk in. The fact that my local ice cream shop's employees recognize me and remember my order makes me feel special. I belong there. Maybe you don't get this feeling of belonging elsewhere, but at least you can experience it with your shared understanding of ice cream.

4. You've got hundreds of options depending on your mood.

There are literally hundreds of combinations of flavors and toppings you can add to create your own unique ice cream experience. I know for me my go-to is chocolate, and as much of it as I can get. But the great thing about going to get ice cream is that you can also ask for samples of other flavors if you want to be experimental, but also play it safe in the end by getting your usual flavor. Or maybe you do want to switch it up. If you're feeling sad then I definitely think chocolate is the way to go. But maybe you want something light and summery? Try a sorbet. Not to mention the literally thousands of places in the world that you could go to try a new option of ice cream. Each location is different, from the texture to the flavors to the topping options. So if you get tired of your favorite local spot, next time, try some place new.

5. The solution of distraction.

How can you think about how your boyfriend broke up with you as you are enjoying a delicious bowl of ice cream? (You can't.) How can you dwell on the mounting piles of homework you have waiting for you at home while you are enjoying a huge scoop of your favorite flavor? You can't! All of life's cares and struggles "melt" away when you take time to enjoy some ice cream. You become distracted by the flavorful goodness that is in your cup or cone for at least a brief moment of your day. No, ice cream may not actually solve all your issues; but at least for a brief moment in time, everything seems at least a little bit better than it was before.

I don't know about you, but just during the course of writing this article I have gone out to get ice cream two times! So clearly, if you are still reading, it is time for you to get up, and drive to your favorite ice cream place. Or, you never know, sometimes you can have it delivered. No matter the occasion, ice cream is the perfect solution and you ALWAYS deserve to treat yo'self.