The Early Bird Gets The Worm

The Early Bird Gets The Worm

I'm a morning person living in an environment filled with night people.

236
Personal Photo

For my entire life, I have always been the person that gets up early. I'm just simply not one of those people who sleep in. It's not like I don't want to or I haven't tried but for some reason, my biological clock wakes me up at 9 a.m. almost every day. Therefore, I am obviously a morning person rather than a night person.

Before going to college, many people told me that this would change. Instead of waking up at 9 a.m. on the weekends, I'll probably end up sleeping in til' noon. That's what happens to everyone, right? Wrong. After being almost a year into college, this is something I just don't do. Of course, I have those occasional mornings when I do sleep till 11 a.m., but that only happens when I go to sleep really late. And I mean really late, not just 1 a.m. Even when I go to sleep at 1 a.m. I still wake up at 9 a.m. When I tell people this fact about me they look at me like I have four heads. They can't wrap their head around the fact that anyone would wake up before at least 10 a.m. We're in college now. We're free to wake up whenever we want to, well sort of. Obviously, we all have to make sure we are up before our classes start.

I wouldn't have it any other way. Being able to wake up on my own relatively early is something I love about myself, which may sound a little weird but this fact couldn't be any truer. There are so many benefits to waking up early. Everyone knows that they just choose not to follow through with it. As a morning person, I enjoy the mornings more. I love being able to wake up early, eat my breakfast, and drink my coffee in silence. Even if I have absolutely nothing to be doing that day, I would still much rather wake up early and think of ways to fill my day than to just sleep through half of it. This is just one of the many reasons why I love waking up early. My second-most prominent reason is the fact that I am slow at everything I do. In other words, I am a perfectionist and like to take my time when doing literally anything. I always wake up an hour before I have to be ready just so I have enough time to be able to pull myself together. I recently visited my sister and told her I needed an hour to get ready. She gaped at me. How on earth does it take someone that long to get ready? It's not like I mean to be this slow, I just like to take my time going through my morning routine. It doesn't matter how early I have to be ready by. I will always get up an hour before. That is my routine and I will always stick by it.

If you are like me, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Once we all have jobs, in the future, we will have to wake up early anyway, so why not get in the habit of doing it now? Starting the morning off right leads to ending your day right. When you start being productive in the morning, it leads to positivity and a desire to be more productive throughout the day. I love waking up early and I wouldn't have it any other way.