To The Man Who Showed Me Love Exists

To The Man Who Showed Me Love Exists

A huge thanks for making my heart blossom.

28
To The Man Who Showed Me Love Exists
facebook

Sweetheart,

You have changed me.

After what I thought was the worst heartbreak, I believed I was unable to love again. I felt that my whole world was crashing down. I felt like I was not worthy enough for another guy to love me. I felt I couldn't laugh or the sun couldn't shine a good day on me. I believed marriage was faux & love was just fairy tales in movies.

Two years ago felt like eternity since I have met you.

A year ago, I met my best friend not knowing how different life would be today. We did everything together. We pulled all nighters for no reason. We joked about getting married when we were 30 & alone. We went on a date for Valentine's Day in hatred of that disgusting couple's holiday. We vented about our love life. Constant movie nights were always a must. Everyone made us laugh when they would say we would be boyfriend and girlfriend one day. God knew what he was doing when he left your wallet in your car that one night.

Since day one, you have truly amazed me.

The overwhelming love I have received from you has made me feel a new love I have never felt. You loved me before I could love myself. You have stuck by my side when I didn't want anyone there. You have lain next to me during some of my worst nights. You constantly remind me how beautiful I am when I feel so small. You are so great to me.

Each & every day you continue to build with me. You show pride in me. You show me off like I am a trophy. You remind me what my purpose is. You refuse to let me give up. If that isn't love, what is?

I have come to conclusion love is riding with the windows down with your hand in my lap or red light kisses. I have also decided that love is not getting flowers for 3 seasons until your favorites are blooming again. Love is getting butterflies at the sound of your heartbeat. I could also argue love is a big hug & a cozy blanket waiting after a long day. Love is calling off all our responsibilities when I cannot find the strength to get out of bed. Love is also not being a part of someone's past but being able to connect on a spiritual level during a heart to heart.

I never thought I would see the day such a sweet guy would say "I am in love with you" & I would feel that to my core. I didn't think my heart could handle feeling the same back.

There isn't anyone I would rather sing at the top of my lungs with in the car at midnight. No one I would rather go on spontaneous trips with. No one I want to go on breakfast or fancy dinner dates with. No one I would rather fall asleep next to because it will always be you.

Thanks to you, I feel whole. I feel like I am more than worthy. I laugh harder than I ever have. I love harder. Even on rainy days the sun still shines. I want a beautiful marriage & I am in a fairy tale every day of my life.

So cheers to our future, to all our adventures, to our road trips, fancy dates, movie nights, sing-a-longs, being in love & to many more.