UAB has its pros and cons, but us Blazers are always proud to represent our school, but here are a few things we all know after even just a semester on campus.
1. Cross walks are a "suggestion" of where to cross.
J-walking has a whole new meaning when you go to UAB, it is no longer an illegal way to cross the street, it is more like a way of life.
2. Starbucks is only safe when everyone else is in class.
Early in the morning, before class, after class, and late at night are never a safe time to go to Starbucks if you don't want to stand in line for an hour.
3. Robberies and other crime in the 16th street parking deck comes to no surprise.
We all know about the crimes that have happened there, and we all subconsciously fear that parking deck... although, when some new crime pops up there, we brush it off.
4. You don't bother to invite people to your dorm because you don't want to go through the process of checking them in.
Checking people in and out can become a hassle.. You know it's for your safety, but you'd rather not deal with it so you never have guests over.
5. Als is the place to be when it's 3 in the morning and you've got the munchies.
Late nights are the perfect time to do a little studying, hangout with friends, and eat an entire baker yourself.
From j-walking to eating at Als, we (Blazers) know the ins and outs of UAB. The longer you stay the more you learn. Go Blazers!