How Tough Is The Western Conference Now?

An analysis of the competition in the West.

26
Wordpress

Just recently, the Clippers traded Chris Paul to the Rockets. This did make the Western Conference a tad more interesting than it was last year. One can not say with certainty the Warriors will win. The Rockets could improve majorly with a second all-star beside James Harden, and the T-Wolves just added Jimmy Butler and Jeff Teague. However, it still does not appear that either team could challenge the Warriors for the Western Conference title.

The Spurs are still a competitive team that the Warriors have to go through if they want to win the title. However, Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili are getting older, leaving Leonard to carry the franchise on his back. Also, the Warriors have seemed to figure out the Spurs. Even without Leonard, the prospect of the Spurs getting blown out by the Warriors in four games was very surprising. The Rockets are the team to watch. They pushed the Spurs to six games with the limited supporting cast they had. One has to imagine that with Chris Paul, they will be able to take out the Spurs. Oklahoma City also made a huge upgrade when they acquired Paul George. With Russell Westbrook and George in the backcourt, they could really make some noise in the Western Conference. The T-Wolves are truly another team to watch. With Jimmy Butler and Tom Thibodeau coaching along with Jeff Teague as the point guard, they should be able to challenge for a playoff spot. However, none of these teams have the talent the Warriors have along with the depth. Also the Warriors have an excellent style of play that is hard to defend.

While there will be more competition in the West this year, none of the teams will beat the Warriors and the Warriors will again win the West.