I Asked College Students How They Shoot Their Shot

I Asked College Students How They 'Shoot Their Shot,' And Here Are The Responses That Won The Game

Grab your notepad and get ready to DM your Instagram crush!

905

Over quarantine, I noticed I've never actually 'shot my shot,' or had to do it first anyway. When I asked my girlfriends how they shoot their shots, they didn't have an answer either. So, I decided now was a good time to try… Except, I had no game. So I decided to send out a survey to college kids to find out how they shoot their shot, and I am definitely taking notes.

First, I asked where they would shoot their shot over social media, and Snapchat was leading with 41%. Instagram and Twitter came in close behind at 26% and 23%, respectively. So keep those social media accounts active!

Next, I asked how they would shoot their shot over social media, and the responses were hilarious, though some were pretty practical! I asked for the best lines and strategies, here are a few of my favorites.

1. Strategy: Discreetly make myself noticeable and enter their circle.

Sneaky and subtle, I like it.

2. Line: "Let me take you out, here is my number."

Bold, I like it.

3. Strategy: I usually send girls their own recently posted picture. No comment or nothing just send their own picture back to them.

Strange, but intriguing.

4. Strategy: Commenting on everything they post.

I wish I had the confidence, but I respect it.

5. Line: "Hey, I like your face."

Short, but to the point. I like it.

6. Strategy: Compliment and slide up.

Back to basics!

7. Strategy + Line (Bonus!): Straight up honesty, ‘Hey you seem fun/interesting and I want to get to know you better, want to meet up sometime and do that?’ (Used GroupMe this year, surprisingly worked!)

Never have I ever used GroupMe to flirt, but I will now!

8. Line: "You got a boyfriend?" "No" "Do you want one?"

Just go for it!

9. Line (For the Aggies): Hopefully we can hold hands twice at A&M so it becomes a tradition.

Anything done at A&M twice becomes tradition, include handholding!

10. Strategy: Honestly, I'd like to see if they'd like to join me for dinner and then maybe go for a drive around town.

Okay my little small town and county girl heart is screaming!!

11. Line: "Have I met you before, you seem familiar."

That will keep them wondering! Also, stream "Familiar" by Liam Payne & J-Balvin.

12. Strategy: I would honestly just ask them if they wanted to go out with me, no glitz or glamour.

Simple, maybe we overthink shooting our shot.

13. Line: "I'm not a photographer, but I can picture me and you together."

Cute, and sure to make them smile!

14. Strategy: I usually just compliment them or ask a specific question so it doesn’t look weird, then if a conversation starts up I start subtly flirting.

Subtle conversations are SO underrated, and a great way to start connecting!

15. Strategy:  I am upfront about it. “We should go on a date sometime.” If I get rejected, I get rejected.

This is the boldness and confidence I need, go you.

16. Line: You down for tacos & margs?

I don't know who WOULDN'T BE?!

17. Strategy: Post a story and ask for recommendations about what to watch.

Me too person, me too.

18. Strategy:  Honestly just try and start a normal convo with the person! How else will you get to know them?

You are 1000% correct.

19. Strategy: The best strategy I've found is being friendly and getting to know them a little bit, then asking them out within 2-3 days of the initial message.

Slow and steady wins the race!

20. Strategy: Be straightforward! Be bold (respectfully so) and humor is my way to go!

Who doesn't love confidence and humor?

Stay tuned to my next article to see if I'm successful at using these lines and strategies!

Follow Swoon on Instagram.