How To Help The Earth

The environment is a very important part of survival. Some ways to help with the environment are firstly, pay attention to how you use water. Every time you turn off the water while you’re brushing your teeth, that is helping the earth so much. If you have a leaky toilet you might be wasting 200 gallons of water a day. Try drinking tap water instead of bottled water because plastic is not good for the earth.

Also washing your clothes in cold water can help. If you can stay off the road just two days a week, you’ll reduce greenhouse gas emissions by an average of 1,590 pounds per year. If you combine your errands it’ll save you gas and time.

Recycling can help reduce pollution just by putting a soda can in a different bin. If you’re trying to choose between two products, pick the one with the least packaging. If an office building of 7,000 workers recycled all of its office paper waste for a year, it would be the equivalent of taking almost 400 cars off the road.

Lastly one more way to help is with compost. Reducing the amount of solid waste you produce in a year means taking up less space in landfills, so your tax dollars can work somewhere else. Plus compost makes a great natural fertilizer. Remembering that little things can make a huge difference for us now and for the future of the planet.