How to Edit Wedding Films to Maximize Time & Make Amazing Films

Editing your wedding film is an important time

38

Editing your wedding film is an important time that requires the right tool and more importantly the right person using the tools. These moments need to be recorded and correctly documented in the form of a video.

Editing your wedding film is an important time that requires the right tool and more importantly the right person using the tools. These moments need to be recorded and correctly documented in the form of a video. But, how may one go about this task? You will find it is quite achievable. But, don’t forget you have the choice of choosing a wedding video editing service to help you.

How to Edit a Wedding Film

To most people editing a wedding film may seem like a mammoth task. But, with the right people with the right tools, it is a manageable task that can be done in a relatively short amount of time. To get you started on this exciting journey to get a wedding memorized, here are a few steps to help you tackle this task and get it done properly.

Choose Your Professional Wedding Video Editing Tools

You won’t be able to edit and make a truly remarkable wedding video with just any old free software tool. The best results will come from using a professional wedding video editing software tool, unfortunately, these are usually paid tools that also require an experienced video editor to use them efficiently.

So, if you hire Motion Edits, an expert video editor, you won’t have to worry about getting any professional tools to edit your wedding video yourself. Thus, you won’t have to pay for the software tools, nor will you have to learn how to use them overnight.

Besides we are sure you have so much other work to tend to besides editing a video. Hiring a wedding video editing service is actually less expensive, convenient, and stress-free. Plus, you will get a professional video that will not make you regret your decision.

Collecting the Images and Raw Video Footage

Before wedding video editing can even commence, you have to get all the media that you will be using to make the final video. Editing and collecting all the media at once will save a lot of time and energy.

The media will either be made of just images or video clips or a mixture of the two if you want to make sure it is perfect. This may come with format incompatibility and you will probably have to do a bit of conversion to ensure they get well and are compatible.

To get the best images and video clips, you will most probably have to go to several people and collect the media you need to make the video. This needs to be done much in advance to ensure there is a wide selection to utilize during the editing process.

Select The Right Resolution and Color Correction

When one thinks of a video that will document their happiest day, they expect it to be clearly visible and with colors that closely emulate the real colors of the dresses and decor. This is exactly why selecting a high resolution and color correction needs to be applied.

Failure to get the right resolution and color will result in memories being watched as blurry images with dull coloring. Being the happy couple, you wouldn’t be interested in watching this video again, let alone showing it to anyone else!

Color correcting can include adding color to brighten the video while picking a resolution involves ensuring the images or video are not pixelated and appear clear and visible without having to squint too hard. This step is followed by creating a story by which images and video clips are sequenced.

Create a Story

Do keep in mind that a wedding video is going to be perceived as the greatest memories from a couple’s special day. Missing out on some key moments of the day could end up spoiling the whole video and resulting in an unsatisfactory wedding video!

Luckily if you are hiring wedding video editing services, they will know exactly what key moments need to be and how much emphasis should be placed on each of these key moments. Basically, the video editor should create a story and keep to it to present the images and footage in the best possible way and also one that will be highly memorable.

Start at the beginning of the event and then work your way through to the ending moments that are the most touching. In some instances, you may want to confirm what way the story will move in by asking the married couple how they want their wedding presented.

Special Effects to Make it Memorable

If there is anything you can count on a wedding video editing service to do, it's to make the video memorable and as exciting as the actual day was!

The addition of audio and cutting to the right moment will be sure to help the happy couple and loved ones relive the moment whenever they may watch it again. That’s the joy of having a wedding video edited right?

Special effects will add hype to the best moments of a wedding and the right audio will make it enjoyable to watch again and again. For the choice of audio, you can ask the couple if they have a favorite music or perticular song that they may want to incorporate into the video.

Create Smooth Transitions

Seamless transitions from image to image or video to the image will ensure the video is a pleasure to watch. Tacky glitches and blank screens before the transitions will reduce the video’s overall quality and make it look cheap! Avoid these at all costs as it depreciates the value of the video and leads to unhappy clients.

Smooth transitions will make the video more connected and this will take out the silent spaces of the video and this will shorten it.

Why Hire Wedding Video Editing Services?

Professional wedding video editing services will be a reliable way to have your wedding video editing done and done the right way. It is also a cost-efficient way to get it done especially if there are deadlines involved!

Not to mention, that it is stress-free and convenient to just have a wedding video editor edit the video for you! The happy couple won’t have time to edit it themselves and you wouldn’t want to take the risk of giving it to your friend who has minimal skills when it comes to editing.

Conclusion

Wedding videos are a coveted item for married couples which are kept for years if not decades and passed down the family. It would be a shame if the quality of the video is poor and grainy making it impossible to watch.

Hiring a professional wedding video editing service provider like Motion Edits will result in high-quality wedding videos that can be kept and replayed to relive the moment forever!