How to Date During Vaxxed Season

How to Date During Vaxxed Season

Dating during vaxxed season can be "different"...

76
How to Date During Vaxxed Season

Dating has become unfamiliar since quarantine started. Although dating apps and online dating has already become a thing even before the quarantine has started, people have started going on significantly less dates.

The fact that vaccinations have become highly emphasized, only adds more weight to the problem. If people aren't vaccinated, they will less likely put themselves out there for meeting potential suitors.

As someone who is fully vaxxed, I have come to wonder what dating will look like for individuals who are vaccinated, yet are still in quarantine. If we are fully vaccinated, then should the mishaps of quarantine be "less" than what they were before? Or are they still the same?

I have been on dating apps for a significantly long time. I remember the first time I installed Bumble was in 2018. I have kept the same account since then, although I took my "hiatuses" here and there, as time flew by. Because this was before the quarantine happened, I still look back to the days when I would be able to go out without wearing a mask over my face or carrying an extra bottle of hand sanitizer in my bag. If I were to be honest, those days still hold a lot of weight to my head, although I have "other" things to be cautious about, when I go on dates (I am a female after all).

I have recently found out that certain dating apps like Bumble allows users to have the option of adding their vaccination status. They can put whether they are vaccinated or not along with other personal information, such as whether they are "active," meaning if they work out, if they drink, if they smoke, what their zodiac is, etc. I find this to be really clever and important as it allows other users and potential matches to be able to see whether that person is vaccinated and more able to physically meet up and go on a date.

Below are some ways in which to watch out for potential suitors and find possible clues to whether or not they have been vaccinated:

-They immediately open up about their vaccination status: Although this can be a tricky one, since some people just lie, it can be helpful if someone openly stated their vaccination status in the "talking" stages or even the "seeing" stages. It may be more helpful to know if that person has been vaccinated or not in the "talking" stages of the relationship before already having moved on to the "seeing" stages, as this can prevent infecting the other partner and also easing any worries about catching COVID-19 from the other person. If the person doesn't necessarily open up right away, it may be a clue that it is better to be safe than sorry and wait until they do tell their status before moving on to seeing each other.

-Get vaccinated together: This can be a fun and healthy way to spend time with the other person. Not only are you both on the same journey to prevent yourselves from contracting COVID, you are also doing it together. The magic really lies in the word "together," because you are both allowing safety to come first before your relationship and yourselves. Try to schedule an appointment in the same clinic or schedule one during the same week or on the same day, where you can both come to the clinic and support each other before getting a vaccine. It's a given vaccines aren't painful (including this one), but it helps to have someone supporting you.

-Spend time together learning about the vaccinations: This one is a given as it is already important to learn about COVID vaccinations and how they work, including any symptoms that may occur afterwards. But doing this with a partner can be more fun than going through all of this alone. Take a COVID vaccination class or info session together to learn how to best prevent the illnesses. Or maybe just stop by a clinic after getting lunch together and learn more about it.

There's nothing wrong in ensuring the health and safety of you and your potential partner during a global pandemic. Always better to be safe than sorry...