How One Person Can Make A World Of Difference

Some people mean the world to you and some people make the world go around for you.

36
Trish Duhon

Have you ever met a person at a random time and moment and thought “why haven't I known you my whole life?” You look at them and wonder where they’ve been your entire life and why you haven't known them longer.

Sometimes it happens at the absolute right time; but more often than not, it happens at the completely wrong time. The time when you think that the world is against you or for every step forward are three hundred steps back or when you simply just can’t do ilife anymore. It seems that it is when all is going wrong that we meet the ones who make all go right. The ones that end up meaning more to you than everyone else around you…combined.

Whether it be a rough hour, rough day, rough month, or rough year, they come in with arms open and hearts ready to love. They don’t judge your past, because quite simply, they don't care what happened in your past. They walk in your life and love you for the broken pieces you are even if the past left those pieces broken.

Life long friends are something that come every once in a blue moon. Not everyone is going to be there through the ups and downs and slow and fast times. And very few are going to accept you at those times either. It’s very, very easy to find people to celebrate with. Everyone wants to celebrate when life’s going great and nothing is going wrong. But when life hits a rough, hard, painful time, you look around and all of the people that were celebrating with you a few hours ago are gone. But when you look around at the people who are there for you when you just can’t go on anymore, those are the people I’m talking about. The one-in-a-million people.

Everyone has at least one. They may be your mom, grandma, best friend, or roommate. You may have known them for a day, a year, or your whole life; time doesn’t make a friendship, quality makes a friendship. Something about them makes you feel at home when you’re with them. They truly make you believe that home is not a place, but rather a feeling when you are with the people you love.

Today you should thank this person. Thank the person that meant the world to you when you thought the world was against you. Thank the person that held your hand when all you wanted to do was run away from any and everything. Thank the person who cried those crucial tears with you. And dried the ones when it was time to move on. Thank them even if you aren’t close anymore because they made a difference to you that no one can compare to. They were there during the toughest part, and because of that, you owe them the world and maybe a hug, too.

Thank you to the special people in my life -- you know who you are.