10 Really Weird Products People Use For Their Bodies

How many of these would you try?

58
The Beauty Gypsy

There is more than one way to skin a cat. Ever wondered how people get really smooth skin or nice shiny hair? Well, there are many methods and remedies for caring for the body. Below are some of the oddballs that stand out as weird, or even taboo!

1. Nasal irrigation to clear nasal passages.

The reason people want to irrigate their nose is to reduce nasal congestion. Water, salt and baking soda are combined to make a solution to flush out irritants and gunk.

2. Epilator for hair removal.

Epilators are electric devices used to take hair out of the skin by mechanically grabbing and pulling many hairs out at a time. Many people find their use to be quite painful, since the hair is pulled out by the root like with waxing.

3. Urine to wash your face.

OK, this one is a bit gross. But, this is mostly a trend of the past. In the Middle Ages, noble women who washed their faces with urine believed that it was aseptic and used it to care for their facial skin. The ancient Chinese, Peruvian Indians, and Egyptians recognized the healing properties that urine has. Today, it is no longer a common practice, although some people have continued to do it to test the effects of its properties.

4. Rollers with needles to renew skin.

Some people have turned to tools like micro-exfoliating rollers to poke tiny holes in the skin, causing the skin to repair itself.

You can take a look at it here.

5. Nose clips to make the nose appear longer/pointier.

This is a tool that came out of Japan that intends to make the nose appear longer.

6. Goose poop to cure baldness.

Another remedy from the Middle Ages. Why they believed this? Who knows?

7. Moss for menstrual pads (instead of cotton).

Again, people have done this before in history. However, there is actually a company based out of Portland that still makes sanitary napkins out of moss.

8. Product to eliminate boob sweat.

A product called Fresh Breasts is available to apply topically for preventing boob sweat!

9. Shaving cream for down there.

Ladies, there is actually a shaving cream on the market specially “infused with pheromones to enhance sex appeal.” You can take a look or get it here.

10. Henna infused with placenta to repair hair.

Yep, this product is definitely a strange one. It’s henna (usually used to dye hair, but also has renewing properties) combined with placenta. If anybody actually tries this out, I definitely need to hear how it turns out!