How My Life Has Changed 8 Months After Reading Skinny Bitch

It’s not easy changing your diet, but definitely worth it
32

On May 6th of 2016, I decided to go vegetarian. I had tried to a couple of weeks prior but ended up craving some chicken nuggets or something like that. But after I read the book Skinny Bitch, I can actually say it changed my life, eight months later. After having read that book by Rory Freedman and Kim Barnouin, I couldn't bring myself to eat meat or drink soda or cow milk from that day on. Here is why that purchase of less than 15 dollars was so worth it.

The book goes into detail of how the food you eat is making you “fat” and the hidden addictions and health consequences, and the authors give it to you straight up. The vulgar language first off made me laugh, but it actually put things into perspective. The authors dedicated a whole chapter to exposing sugar and how it is enslaving Americans, and they bluntly titled it Sugar is the Devil. Then comes the truth about what they inject cows with so that milk can be produced is so unnatural and inhumane. I won't give anything away, but it kind of scared me for the week following.

I’ll admit, some of the passages in the book were successful in scaring you into making the right choices for a few days, but you have to have an amazing amount of self-control to actually cut out sugar and carbs religiously every day. That doesn't lessen the effect that other parts of the book had on me, especially the section that goes into the treatment of animals. The chickens, cows, and pigs we consume are literally born to die so that we can eat them. The conditions of the living, breathing animals with beating hearts and feelings were described as so horrendous that I could not imagine eating meat from that day on. And since May 6th I have not, and I honestly believe I never will again in my life.

That is not to say I am better than you because I chose to be a vegetarian, it's just my personal preference. I am saying that if you want to look better physically and feel better physically, mentally, and just overall a better person than you were before, read the book. Since cutting out meat, soda, and cow milk, I have lost weight, my acne has disappeared, I don't feel guilty after eating meals, I’m almost never bloated, and I don't feel as tired and sluggish as I used to before I made the changes. That is just some of the results I can remember off the top of my head, and it will be different for everyone. Overall, the book is going to change the way you think about food. Your life will change, I can guarantee that.