20 Affirmations To Start Your Path Toward Higher Self-Esteem

I underestimated the power of affirmations at one point, too.

672
john paul tyrone fernandez

Why do so many people subscribe to the practice of daily affirmations? There's actually a science behind the repetition. Research on affirmations has noticed that repeating a daily affirmation has the power to rewire your brain. In science terms, the repetitive nature has the ability to reinforce chemical pathways and make it more likely to conduct the same message again. In layman's terms: happy thoughts = happy chemicals. Psychologists and mental health counselors are proponents of affirmations simply due to the conviction that affirmations provide to boost self-esteem. The increase in self-esteem levels protect against stress and have been found to increase problem-solving performance.

A therapist I've crossed paths with has told me many times that she swears by affirmations and recommends them to all of her clients. To quote her, "they are powerful." Since our encounter, I've incorporated affirmations into my daily routine and have noticed a change in my overall outlook on life. I feel much more positive and optimistic in every facet of my life.Do you want to test the power of self- affirmations but don't know where to begin? Here's a list to get you started:

For days when you need a little self esteem boost:

1. I am humble.

2. I am fearless.

3. I am graceful. [Insert just about any adjective into these sentences to create your own mantra.]

4. I see the world with a positive glow, and I bring positivity with me wherever I go.

For days that you need to feel more in tune with your body:

5. With every breath, I am getting healthier and healthier.

6. I am healed, whole and healthy.

7. I am a vibrant soul radiating in a healthy body.

8. I am making the changes I need to make a stronger, happier body and soul.

For days you are working toward your goals:

9. I am prepared to succeed.

10. I deserve to have a successful career, and I accept it now.

11. I do work I love and am well prepared for any obstacle that comes before me.

12. I do not let setbacks affect my goals for the future.

For days that are centered around relationships:

13. I am loved, loving, and lovable.

14. I will not settle for less than I deserve.

15. I am attracting unconditional love and abundance.

16. I must fully love myself before I can fully love anyone else.

For days you are focused on finances:

17. Financial success is mine and I accept it now.

18. Wealth flows to me from all directions.

19. Abundance flows into my life with ease and grace.

20. Minor setbacks will not stop my financial success.

These should get you moving towards a more positive, fulfilling life. Write them on your mirror, on a post-it note, set a reminder on your phone and encourage yourself to simply recite them every morning.

*TIP* making eye contact while reciting your affirmations will create stronger intention.