Don't Hide Your Feelings.

Don't Hide Your Feelings.

Reasons Why Crushes Are The Worst.

1263
Don't Hide Your Feelings.
https://hiveminer.com/Tags/goodnight,quote/Recent

I might sound just a bit cliche this week. As you can tell from the title this weeks topic are crushes. If you somehow don't know what a crush is, Urban Dictionary describes it as “a burning desire to be with someone who you find very attractive and extremely special”. A burning desire. Sounds passionate. Sounds intense. But let me tell you, it's painful at times, and the worst feeling. Perhaps some of you reading this have had some positive experiences with crushes, and if so I and people alike bow down to you. However, this article is going to be for those of us who despise going through the vicious crush cycle.

1. The realization.

First reason is dedicated to the realization of it all. From my experience, sometimes crushes come very unexpectedly, it can all start because you find them cute. Maybe it starts because they compliment you, or you like their laugh. Crushes in my book, can start in odd, unexpected, and unwanted ways.

2. Denial

"Pshh I don't have a crush. I don't like that person. I barely know them, I don't like their smile or their eyes or their laugh or god damn it." I could keep going with dialogue, but let's face it, there's no denying that we have a crush.

3. EVERYTHING THEY DO IS CUTE.

It's so frustrating, because you don't find cute couple things cute usually, but here you are, calling everything he/she does cute. The way they always have answers to questions. The way their face goes when they laugh. The emojis they use. I could keep going, but it would just get weird.

4. To tell your friends or to not tell your friends.

I'm not saying its good to keep secrets from your friends, but telling them just makes it a reality that you have a crush. Since they care about you and want you to be happy, your friends might push you to talk to them more. They might try to boost you up to ask them out. Or they might suggest that they could tell your crush how you feel. Thats when you give them the famous "Are you serious? Don't you dare" glare, and let them know that none of that will ever happen.

5. To tell or to not tell your... crush?

We all get bursts of confidence where we think that nothing can stop us from doing anything, and sometimes we get the "hey I should tell them how I feel" moods. Let me tell you, if you have told your crush, you're freaking amazing. It’s scary to put yourself out there like that and I do hope a positive outcome happened somehow, someway. For the other half of us, that refuse to ever tell our crushes, we'll get there someday.

6. I'm finally free and over them.. ha just kidding.

We finally think we don't like them and we get really happy, but then all of a sudden they text you first for the first time in a while or do something cute. Then your celebration of disliking them soon fades.

I hope you enjoy time of not having a crush, because soon enough you'll have one and want to jump off a bridge and you'll feel like rainbows at the same time. To end this on a cliche note, remember, crushes are called crushes for a reason. And I’ll say; crushes can’t live with them, can’t live without them.