10 Hidden Gems On The Las Vegas Strip

10 Hidden Gems On The Las Vegas Strip

Because it's not all about gambling.

668
10 Hidden Gems On The Las Vegas Strip

When most people think of Las Vegas, they usually just think of slot machines, craps tables, and roulette wheels. However, with a little research, you will find that there are many other hidden gems to be found on the Strip, that do not involve gambling.

1. The Roller Coaster at New York-New York

This roller coaster is inspired by the Coney Island Cyclone and the coaster cars are New York City taxicabs. The ride soars past the replica of the statue of liberty and towering skyscrapers. It features two upside down segments, corkscrew twists and turns and actually goes inside the New York-New York Hotel!

2. Rainforest Cafe

Lately these are becoming harder and harder to find, so it's always a treat to find one still standing. The Las Vegas location was formally located in the MGM Grand but recently moved into the Harmon Corner Shopping Center. As you step into this unique restaurant, you feel as if you have been transported onto a wild safari while you dine with elephants, gorillas, snakes, and other wildlife, which are all animatronic of course!

3. Rao's

I am actually a distant relative of the owner of the famous original New York location of this Italian restaurant, and even I can't get in! However, if you want a taste of Rao's,your best bet is try this Vegas location, where reservations are much easier to come by

4. M&Ms World

This official retailer of M&Ms products and merchandise has other locations in Times Square, Orlando, and London, but the Vegas one is by far the best because it has a free 3D movie called “I Lost My 'M' in Vegas.

5. Madame Tussauds

This franchise of wax museums has other branches in Orlando, Washington DC, and Los Angeles but even if you have been to one of the other locations be sure to visit this one in Vegas located in “The Venetian” as it has Vegas themed wax figures that you won't find in the other locations such as Elvis Presley and the cast of "The Hangover.”

6. Gondola Rides at the Venetian

Speaking of the Venetian, take a Gondola ride in this Italian themed hotel as you are serenaded by performers that sing to you on the boat

7. The High Roller

When it comes to views of the strip, it doesn't get any better than this! The High Roller, which is part of the Linq hotel, is currently the world's tallest Ferris Wheel. A complete revolution on the wheel takes 30 minutes, which is plenty of time to appreciate the beauty of Vegas.

8. Cirque Du Soleil Shows

Prepare to be wowed by these shows that combine dancing, theatrics, and music. With a variety of themes, such as “The Beatles LOVE," “Michael Jackson ONE," or “Criss Angel BELIEVE," you're sure to find something you'll like. These shows are basically Vegas's equivalent to Broadway so make sure you attend at least one before you depart.

9. Fashion Show Mall

They don't call it the “Fashion Show” mall for nothing. Every hour on the hour, models grace the runway of this Vegas mall.

10. The Forum Shops

It's quite ironic to see an Apple Store adorned with ancient Roman architecture but that is in fact one of the things that you find at this “mall.” in Caesars Palace. You will truly feel like you are in ancient Rome as the theme is enveloping. At times, you will even forget that you are indoors as when you look up you will see nothing but artificial sky, giving the feel of an open air market. Also be sure to catch the “talking statue” show here every hour.