Here's Why I'm Proud To Be A Young Republican
Politics

Donald Trump has breathed new life into an otherwise ailing Republican Party

19
Tee Public

The last 600 days have been the craziest in our nation’s history. 20 men and 2 women sought the highest office in the land. Each of these people offered their own solutions to either solve the problems of the Obama presidency or continue President Obama’s legacy. Bernie Sanders was the last major party candidate to drop out of the race on July 12th and with that it became a battle between Hillary Clinton, former secretary of state, first lady, and NY senator, and Donald Trump, the billionaire real estate magnate. From that time forward it became perhaps the most brutal and insult driven campaign in U.S. history.

I will not go as far as some have gone and say the policies of President Obama caused a candidate like Trump to emerge and eventually win the nomination as well as the presidency, but I will say that the Midterm elections of 2014 caused Trump’s rise. With the 2014 midterm elections, the Republicans took back control of both house of Congress for the first time since the 109th Congress of 2003-2005 during the Bush administration. The Republicans took back control mainly on the fact that they said they would repeal and replace Obamacare, make use of the power of the purse, and fight back against Obama’s unconstitutional executive amnesty. They did none of these things. The American people are tired of not only Obama’s reckless spending but it being approved by majority Republicans in Congress. Under the leadership of Speaker of the House John Boehner (2011-2015 as speaker, 1991-2015 as R-OH) debt was up almost $4 trillion. Boehner then resigned in October of 2015 and the House voted in Paul Ryan (R-WI since 1999). In just about a year as Speaker, Ryan has already increased debt by a little over $1 trillion. The important thing to remember is that although presidents are remembered for the amount they increased or decreased debt it is mainly up to the Congress to approve the budget plan unless there is an executive order that involves spending in which case Congress still has the power of the purse. Ryan’s approved budget plan, which he passed shortly after he was voted in, fully funds executive amnesty to illegal immigrants, sanctuary cities, illegal alien resettlement, the release of criminal aliens, quadruples foreign worker visas, tax credits for illegal aliens, and failed to fund the 700-mile border fence that the 2014 Congress promised.

Where do we get the money for these programs? Taxes. To me I just don’t get the logic behind wanting to put your tax dollars towards people who aren’t even U.S. citizens and some of whom are criminals. This is what some Democrats want. The 114th Congress which was held from 2015 and will be ending in early 2017 under Ryan and Mitch McConnell (R-KY since 1985) leadership passed Obama’s $4 trillion budget proposal. The budget included $3.5 trillion in expected revenue and a $500 billion budget deficit, this makes no attempt to balance. He will be raising taxes on capital gains taxes, inheritances, and imposing limitations on banks and corporations. The elephant (no pun intended) in the room that I plan to address is why did the Congressional Republicans approve a plan they specifically spoke out against? Obviously none of them admitted to it but they didn’t want to be called racist for not working with President Obama. That’s the bottom line.

Trump rose to the top and the presidency because he appealed to the American man and woman who were tired of politicians saying they would do something and then not follow through. Trump will stand up to Wall Street and corporate America. Sure he isn't the traditional Republican but he will get the job done and fight for the common man. To those who are still taking to the streets even 2 weeks after the election, yes, it is your constitutional right, but what are you attempting to solve? Trump is the president. Looting, vandalizing, and in one case killing people will not solve anything. In 2008 Democrats put out a bumper sticker saying: He Won Get Over It. So, if Republicans dealt with Obama and his policies for 8 years why can’t liberals deal with Trump for 2 weeks. The talk of tolerance on the left has reached massive levels of hypocrisy. They speak of being tolerant to all people regardless of race, sex, or gender but meanwhile they can’t tolerate the man who hasn’t even taken office.

The thing that I find very alarming is how someone living in this country, who should be so grateful to live here with all the freedoms we have, has the audacity to say “Not my president” and not believe in the notion of American Exceptionalism. You want to move somewhere else? Go ahead. Find a country that was founded on the ideas of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness like ours. Sure, America has done some terrible things such as slavery and pursuing pointless wars in the Middle East but rather than listen to what Trump says the left wants to cry racism right off the bat. They forget that he has said he doesn’t want to engage in the Bush, Clinton, and Obama wars of the Middle East that have brought us into the mess that is now called ISIS. Dishonest cries of racism and bigotry are most evident within the homosexual community. Because of Vice Presidential Elect Mike Pence’s record on same sex issues people right away think Trump will put gays in internment camps. These are the same people who have probably never read the Constitution which gives practically no power to the Vice President. This country was founded on the idea of freedom of speech. It 2016 we have strayed to the fact that only progressive liberals can speak their mind. Why aren’t I allowed to be pro-life or believe in Biblical Christianity. Here’s just a fact that many people don’t know: Planned Parenthood was founded on the idea racism. Margaret Sanger was an ardent racist who wanted to wipe humanity clean of what she called “the cockroaches of the human race.” Instead of looking at facts liberals look to skew history in a direction that is unheard of. In 2016 safe spaces look at our universities look to shut down all dissent and debate is no longer permitted. Marxist professors allow this to happen. The left is now looking to do things that are straight out of Orwell’s 1984. News speak and thought crime are now on the table. We are only allowed to think what the left agrees with, what the media feeds us, and what the church of liberalism aka the government is allowed use tax payer dollars for.

With the election of Donald Trump, I have never been more proud of our country. At the same time, I believe all Republicans need to stay educated in a time where cries of racism and bigotry are so rampant. Instead of living on social media I encourage everyone to watch the other side’s media, read their publications, and see what they’re thinking to formulate an opinion. Rather than yell and scream at those who oppose you learn to manipulate their argument with facts not opinions. Read a book, stay up on recent history, and most of all pray for our nation in the turbulent times in which we live. Give Donald Trump a chance and you will see the results.