To All The Meghan Markle’s Of The World, Your Worth Is Not Found In Your Earthly Father, But Your Heavenly Father

The hole in your heart cannot be filled by man

446

Megan Markle, she is the princess that everyone wishes they could be. She is smart, successful, beautiful, and now she is legitimately a princess. It's the dream of every girl. There are still problems in her life. She has had her heart broken by the one man who was supposed to be there for her above any other man. In a heartbreaking letter to her father, she tells him of the pain he has caused her. She was brave to write the letter, but it also tells us that even a princess doesn't have a perfect life.

This Sunday I sat in church and listened to a guest speaker Pastor Steve Hage. He said a couple of things that made me think of how often we as women don't see our value. The one that hit home the most was:

A princess stays with a frog because she doesn't realize she is a princess. Steve Hage

It is not just Megan Markle who is a princess. It is all of us. We are princesses. It is not because of our human fathers, but our Heavenly Father.

It's hard to think of yourself as a life with such value. I know that I put my life in the hands of a frog, and the only thing I got out of it was living in a swamp. When you believe you are a princess, and I'm not talking about someone who is entitled and spoiled, I mean someone whose life has value, you will look at yourself differently. Your worth does not come from others. It does not come from your father, your boyfriend, your husband, friends, or your money in the bank.

Megan Markle is a perfect example of how as women we don't see our value and our worth unless it is confirmed by someone. A dad is a huge influence on our lives and they make a difference in how we see the rest of the world. It's true. It cannot be our excuse for living a life with no value. There has to be a day and a time when we raise our heads and our chins and listen to our Heavenly Father.

Since you are precious and honored in my sight and because I love you, I will give people in exchange for you, nations in exchange for your life. Isaiah 43:4

This verse gives me the chills because it speaks to so much more than our brains can fathom. We have a God who loves us so much that he is willing to exchange nations for us. He says I am precious and He Loves ME! How can anything be better than that?

Megan, your broken heart can be made whole. Your hurt can be restored. Don't give up on loving your father, but remember there is one who loves you so much more than he ever could. An unfailing love that only comes from our Father God. You are precious and honored in his sight. Be the princess that God has called you to be for such a time as this.