As This Heatwave Kicks Our Asses, Remember To Stay Hydrated

It may seem like it's obvious, but we actually always forget.

5
https://www.pexels.com/photo/woman-drinking-water-while-standing-beside-her-bike-1302925/

Your body is super important, and it relies on you to take care of it. It needs water desperately. After all, we are made of water. So, when we sweat, we lose that necessity we need to survive. If your body is not taken care of properly, you will pay for it.

Currently, the heat is killing us. Just walking outside can tire you out. We are going through yet another heatwave on the East Coast, and everyone is feeling that burn. I don't mind the heat, but when humidity is thrown in, it's brutal.

As this heatwave tries to get the best of us, we must remember to hydrate. Hydration is one of the many keys to living. Look at it this way: you have to drink half of your body weight in ounces. For example, if someone weighs 80 pounds, they must drink 40 ounces of water a day, or more.

In this case, more is better, but don't overdo it and make yourself sick.

Dehydration is scary because it can wear a disguise. You may not think that you are dehydrated, but you are. You'll be going about your day as normal, and you'll start to feel tired or get a headache starting to build up. Those are warning signs for dehydration, and you need to get water ASAP.

Water is your friend, especially in the summertime.

Steer clear of sodas or flavored drinks with artificial sweeteners. They will only make you more thirsty. Even sports drinks may not quench your thirst, but you can still drink them on a hot day to replenish the electrolytes that you lost through your sweat. Go back and forth between those and water.

It may seem like it's obvious, but we actually always forget. We forget to take care of our bodies in moments of fun or work. I admit that it happens to me, too. But it's important to stay hydrated throughout the summer, especially during this heatwave. You don't know what will happen until it's actually too late to catch up.

Even if you don't feel tired or sluggish, still drink, drink, drink!