How You Know That You Are In A Healthy Relationship
relationships

There should be more loving than fighting

105
https://unsplash.com/photos/3_mQjo4Vb6A

I honestly hit the jackpot when I found my boyfriend. He is my best friend and is always my #1 fan and my motivation for so many things in life. I have learned more about love with him than with any other boy I have dated. Although I am his first girlfriend ever, he knows how to handle my crazy and love me endlessly.

First off, you always have to make sure that you are loving more than fighting. I think that it is so important to know that every couple fights. Love will never be easy, and fighting will be inevitable. Going along with that, it is super important to realize how you fight with your partner. This may sound odd, but it is super important. Does your partner yell? That's fairly normal. Does your partner punch holes in the wall? Not so much. The severity of your partner's anger says a lot about how they will treat you in the long run.

Of course, when my boyfriend and I fight there can be yelling every once in a while. But, we usually come to a conclusion and an agreement by the end of it. The best advice I have ever received was that you must never go to bed angry. This has been something that I am still working on even now. There is nothing worse than falling asleep angry and waking up even more infuriated.

Trust. I know this is hard for so many people, including myself. Over the past year, I have seen just how important it is to trust your partner and receive the same back. A relationship without trust will never last. It is most positively the backbone of every relationship. It takes a long time to build, and an even longer time to rebuild. Nonetheless, it is pivotal in any relationship.

Next, is fun. How much fun do you have together? It seems impossible to be with another human that you cannot have fun with. It is so important to take time out of your busy schedule to have a date night every week. Now, of course, this doesn't mean that you have to break the bank. Some of the best date nights that my boyfriend and I have been making dinner together, sipping wine, and watching a movie in our sweats. The biggest thing is making sure that you are having fun when you are doing mundane things. As long as you are with your person, even grocery shopping will be fun!

Lastly, affection and affirmation. I couldn't live without either of these things. Cuddling is scientifically proven to improve relationships. It is so important to be hugged and kissed and told how loved you are. It is so important in maintaining a healthy relationship. I mean who doesn't like to be told they're cute?! Affirmation can come in many different forms, but my favorite is verbal. It makes me feel secure and safe, and it is the best way to bond a lot of the time.

Overall, no one can tell you if your relationship is healthy or not. It is completely up to you to reach a conclusion upon. Some of these signs may just be personal requirements, however, none of these things can hurt. At the end of the day, as long as you and your partner and happy and thriving when you are with one and other, the future sure is looking bright.