13 Surprisingly Healthy Airport Snack Options
food

You don't have to search very hard for the good stuff!

96
Lauren Burkholder

During my recent travels, my flight got delayed over an hour, giving me a lot of free time to wander around the airport. During my adventure, I was surprised by how many healthy snack options there are available! Of course, there are also a lot of unhealthier options, too. But, you don't have to search very hard for the healthy ones! Below is a list of some of the healthy options I found in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and Dallas, Texas airports!

1. Fresh fruit

Lauren Burkholder

Most stands have bananas, apples, and oranges. Many also have fruit cups (also veggies) in the refrigerated sections!

2. Dried fruit and fruit strips

Lauren Burkholder

You can never get enough fruit!

3. Protein/energy/nutrition bars

Lauren Burkholder

Luna, Clif, PowerCrunch, Lara, Nugo, Health Warrior, and more! Most of these bars use relatively natural ingredients!

4. Nuts and trail mix

Lauren Burkholder

Nuts are full of healthy fats, vitamins, minerals, and plant-based protein!

5. Vegetable chips

Lauren Burkholder

Bare Snacks vegetable and fruit chips are AMAZING! They are completely natural and baked without oil!

6. Smoothie bowls

Lauren Burkholder

I have never seen these before but I think they look pretty sweet. They contain a decent amount of protein and minimal added sugars.

7. Organic Cookies

Lauren Burkholder

Wholesome ingredients are always a plus

8. MORE HEALTH BARS

Lauren Burkholder

Oatmega and RXBARs are full of natural ingredients and super yummy!

9. Instant oatmeal cups

Lauren Burkholder

I LOVE OATMEAL! It is packed with fiber and whole grains. Also, it's DELICIOUS! You can add nut butter and fruit (available for purchase in the airport) for added flavor and nutrients!

10. Organic granola

Lauren Burkholder

Purely Elizabeth granola is completely natural and delicious! It is great on its own OR mixed with yogurt (which can also be purchased in the airport).

11. Organic nut butters

Lauren Burkholder

Nut butters are my jam (pun intended). I can't even express how excited I was to see Justin's and RXBAR almond butter packets for sale.

12. Greek yogurt

Lauren Burkholder

Greek yogurt is always a great snack option! It has protein and healthy bacteria to support gut health! It goes great paired with fruit, granola, oatmeal, nuts, and nut butters (also available in the airport)

13. Bobo's Bars

Lauren Burkholder

Bobo's Bars are super yummy. Again, they are made with wholesome, natural ingredients - which I LOVE!