I Have Hope For The Future

I Have Hope For The Future

...and so should you.

25
I Have Hope For The Future

Donald J. Trump was elected as OUR president as of last Tuesday and I have hope for the future. So many people, especially millennials, are so worried about what the next four years hold, but I feel like there is so much potential in those few years for our country to improve and become great again. I say OUR president because even days after the election people are still denying and fighting the fact that Trump will be OUR president in the next few months; but newsflash, he will be. Though you may not like him or what he stands for, he will be your president as long as you are a US citizen and you have to live with that and make the most of it.

The way someone loses and admits defeat really shows who they are and I'll admit, I think Hillary did this well in her concession speech. But many of her devoted followers are doing no such thing. They're burning the flag, destroying their cities, and creating chaos and hate across the country. Not all are destructive, but some instead are throwing temper tantrums, crying and being hateful because they didn't get their way. That doesn't shine a positive light on our generation as a whole. You should win with grace as well as lose. You won't always get what you want in life, so if Trump wasn't who you wanted to win, accept it and get over it!

We as a nation have SO much potential to be great if we act together instead of being broken and fragmented. Obama and Hillary have both said they want to work with Trump and that we as a nation should give him a chance. I feel like he has the potential to be great, but we will never know if we don't give him the chance to be. Throwing a tantrum and hating on those who don't share your beliefs doesn't do anything but make you look pathetic. The US government is not an all ruling, all powerful organization; it is run by the people for the people and you and I have the power to make a difference, not by crying and protesting, but by helping OUR president run OUR country to the best of his ability. The success of our president really reflects the success of our country so you should be hoping he succeeds and doesn't fail.

I think Trump and America can be great, greater than it is now and, though you may not see it, so many others feel the same way I do, which is why he is our new president. So all those who are crying and protesting and being hateful, get off your high horses, be graceful in your defeat and help Trump so he can help you and the rest of the country throughout his next four years in the White House.