So You Hate Career Politicians?

So You Hate Career Politicians?

Change needs to happen. But electing a President because they are new to politics should not be one of them.

240
So You Hate Career Politicians?
www.youtube.com

I'm not sure about any of you, but I for one am already sick and tired of this election. From the very beginning of this Presidential Race it was very evident that the American people were sick of 'Career Politicians'. You know, the part about being polite, knowing what you are doing, and having some tact. This is one of the reasons that so many people jumped on board with Donald Trump. People like the fact that he wasn't afraid to say what was on his mind, even if it was offensive, and that he was so against the entire idea of making a career out of Politics.

This is where I get very frustrated with this entire election process. I completely understand the idea of wanting someone who is fresh and isn't heavily tied to Politics. And, in theory, this is a good idea. You know, wanting someone in office who hasn't succumbed to our corrupt system of politics. But here is the main issue that I have with this idea, and I will give it to you in the form of an analogy.

Would you want to board a plane that is taking you from the East Coast to the West Coast if the pilot who is controlling the plane had absolutely no prior training? Oh, you wouldn't? Okay, that is my point. How can you expect someone like Donald Trump, who has no experience in Politics, domestic or foreign, to come in and 'Make America Great Again'? Look, I'm not trying to steer you away from voting for the man, you do what you feel is best for the country. What I am attacking is the idea that our Political System needs to be run by someone who has zero political experience.

Having career politicians can be a bad thing, I understand that. But not when it comes to Presidential Candidates. When politicians make a career in Congress or the Senate, this can cause issues of becoming stagnant and always voting with your party to maintain appearances. I get that completely. But, when it comes to electing someone to be THE LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD, you do not want someone who has no idea how politics in the American system work.

The large majority of former Presidents had extensive experience with law, politics, both foreign and domestic, and had been established as a reliable member of our society. This is what you want in a President: Someone who knows what they are doing, understands the laws of our nation, and have been well versed in all things politics.

Again, I am not telling you who to vote for. I fully understand that I could be completely wrong and Donald Trump could be a good president given the chance. What I am saying is that if we begin to make this a recurring patter, voting for candidates because they aren't 'career politicians', we will find out nation in much worse shape, and most likely, nothing will get done. The President of The United States is meant to be the most capable person, and reliable person, in the US. They are meant to know the laws of the nation, the entire political system, in order to save us from years of study. These people who are aspiring to lead our country are meant to face the difficult tasks in order to keep us living in a safe and free environment. Having candidates who have no idea how the political system works is a hazard to our society whether you want to believe it or not. There is a reason why the President is not supposed to say every vicious thing that comes to mind. There are reasons why most of our former Presidents have been to law school and have worked within politics previously.

Our country is going through a rough patch. Change does need to happen, but we need to do it in the correct ways. Electing men and woman who do not know politics is not the change that we need.