Everything You Need to Know About Universal's Harry Potter Park
Travel

11 Things That Make The Wizarding World At Universal Pure Happiness For All Potterheads

See the magic come to life at Harry Potter World.

52
Stephanie Cornejo

Have you ever walked into a place where you just have to stop and stand there for a minute, maybe even pinch yourself to see if it's real? Have you ever had that feeling where tears fill your eyes, but it's tears of happiness? I've had those exact feelings at Harry Potter World in Universal. There are so many great activities to do in Harry Potter World from the rides to the attractions. It's every Potterheads dream.

1. Escape from Gringotts.

I love this ride it truly is worth the wait. Everything seems so real you feel like you're actually in the movie, not just on the ride but also as you wait in line.

2. Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey.

This ride is amazing. I don't think I have ever loved an amusement park ride as much as I love this one. Not only do you get to walk through Hogwarts as you wait in line, but the ride itself is so incredible. I don't want to spoil it for anyone who has never been, but let's say you'll want to have a Harry Potter marathon after this ride.

3. 12 Grimmauld Place.

Make sure before you even step into Diagon Alley you look for this familiar house. You might even see a familiar house elf peer through the window if you look quick enough.

4. Diagon Alley

There is no shame if you pretend you are going to get your new books and robes for the start of a new semester at Hogwarts. I think the park did such an amazing job with matching the attraction to the books. You'll get to see everything from George and Fred's joke shop to the Leaky Cauldron.

5. Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes

If you read the books or have even just seen the movies you'll recognize some familiar things that were mentioned. This is one attraction in Harry Potter World you don't want to miss, you don't even have to buy anything just looking around is fun.

6. Madam Malkin's Robes

Don't forget to stop by and grab your robe for the new school year. You can try on Hogwarts robes, Beauxbatons hats and even see the uniforms from Durmstrang. Not to mention you can see some of the characters from the movies outfits they wore. Also, remember to stand in front of the mirror in the shop because it might have some fashion advice for you.

7. Ollivanders 

This store is just fun to go into in general. The shelves are full of all the characters wands and you can even see what your own wand would be. If you buy a wand there are certain parts in the park that allow you to do some magic of your own.

8. Wait to see the Dragon go off.

If you're standing in the middle of Diagon Alley at the perfect time you might have a chance to see the Gringotts dragon flames go off. (It might make you jump a little the first time)

9. Knockturn Alley

We do have to show the dark arts some love so why not take a walk through Knockturn Alley. Look for a familiar snake and even some dark magic that might be happening within the alley.

10. Hogsmeade 

There is so much to do in Hogsmeade. First, you get to take the Hogwarts express to get there which is fun in itself then all of Hogsmeade is forever covered in snow. You have a chance to try some butter beer, go to the Three Broomsticks and even get some treats at Honeydukes.

11. The Hogwarts Castle

End your day full of magic with a picture outside of Hogwarts Castle, you won't believe how real it looks. You might have some tears in your eyes while taking this picture because you just can't really believe you're standing outside of it.