Happy Birthday Bucko, This One Is For You

My little guy needs an article all to himself.

24
@joshseeks on Instagram

September 29th, 2019. That is when I picked up my dog from Aggieland Humane in College Station Texas. I chose to get him following a really hard breakup and I just needed some kind of companion by my side, so Bucko was the result. It's funny thinking about my decision to get a dog. I had been wanting one for a while but I just either never had the money or the time to get one. He wasn't even my first choice. My first choice was a Golden Retriever but I quickly found out that those dogs are super expensive, next I took a trip to the Fort Worth Animal Shelter where I picked a dog but found out they had misinformed me about the dog's health. I unfortunately had to return him. Finally, came back to College Station to check out Aggieland Humane to see if they had the dog I wanted. I saw on their site that they had a puppy named Hermione who was probably the cutest puppy ever. I couldn't get her either... So finally I looked over and made eye contact with this goofy pup who was sitting there wagging his little tail between his legs. One of the biggest identifiers to determine if I wanted to get a dog was what he was doing when I walked by. If he was barking and going crazy he wasn't for me. Bucko was completely calm, I looked at him and said,

I'll take this one.

That Is when our journey started. Bucko is now my best friend, my adventure buddy, and sometimes a means for God to keep me steady. He loves me unconditionally, and even when I mess up and forget to let him out he runs back to me every time. Bucko you can't read this because you're a dog, but I love you.