Hamilton The Election of 1800/2016 Parody

When 2016 gets crazy, you tie it to a musical and call it good.

73
Youtube

Unless you’ve been living under a rock for the past year, you know that this year’s election is anything but calm and unproblematic. Like most things in 2016 have been, this election has been crazy and hectic and seems like something Aldous Huxley, Ray Bradbury or George Orwell might have written about.

This election has been full of offensive comments, lies, and scandalous secrets exposed on the part of both Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump. How we got down to these last two candidates it is hard to tell.

Another thing that has been popular in 2016 is the musical Hamilton. If you have listened to any of the songs or you know anything about the real life history of Alexander Hamilton, you will know there is a song/real life event called The Election of 1800, in which Hamilton must make a difficult decision between two candidates he doesn’t like. So in honor of that, I have made a shortened parody version in which it is President Obama instead of Alexander Hamilton. I have realized that a few other people have done something similar to this, but this is my version of the song.

[FULL COMPANY]

The election of 2016

[HILLARY]

So now I’m facing—

[HILLARY AND KAINE]

Donald Trump!

[HILLARY]
With his own faction

[KAINE]
He’s very attractive in the South. The rednecks like his chances

[HILLARY]
He’s not very forthcoming on any particular stances

[KAINE]
Ask him a question: it glances off, he obfuscates, he dances

[HILLARY]
And they say I’m a liar. At least they know I know how politics work
[KAINE]
Hillary that’s the problem they see your emails as a problem

[HILLARY]
Ha!

[KAINE]
You need to change course, a key endorsement might redeem you

[HILLARY]
Who did you have in mind?

[KAINE]
Don’t laugh

[HILLARY]
Who is it?

[KAINE]
You used to work on his staff

[HILLARY]
Whaaaat

[KAINE]
It might be nice, it might be nice
To get Obama on your side

[HILLARY AND KAINE]
It might be nice, it might be nice
To get Obama on your side[ENSEMBLE]
Dear Mr. President: Sanders doesn’t stand a chance, so who are you promoting?

[VOTERS]
Dear Mr. President: Bernie Sanders doesn’t stand a chance so who are you promoting?
But if you had to choose[ENSEMBLE]
If you had to choose
If you had to choose

[VOTERS]
If you had to choose
If you had to choose
If you had to
Choose
Choose
Choose!

[OBAMA]
The people are asking to hear my voice

[ENSEMBLE]
Oh!

[OBAMA]
For the country is facing a difficult choice

[ENSEMBLE]
Oh!

[OBAMA]
And if you were to ask me who I’d promote—

[ENSEMBLE]
Oh!

[OBAMA]
—Hillary has my vote

[HILLARY/KAINE/ENSEMBLE]
Oh!

[HAMILTON]
I ran against her in 2008

[HILLARY/KAINE/ENSEMBLE]
Oh!

[OBAMA]
I made her my secretary of state

[HILLARY/KAINE/ENSEMBLE]
Oh!

[OBAMA]
But when all is said and all is done
Hillary has beliefs. Trump has none

[ENSEMBLE]

Oooooooooooooh

So there you have it, my shortened rendition of The Election of 1800, 2016 style!