I Want My Gun Emoji Back

December 5th, 1791, a day that will forever be held as important to the United States. The day the Bill of Rights was established. Following the freedom of speech and religion, the most important, coming from a small-conservative-town girl, is the second amendment: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms,shall not be infringed."

Fast forward 225 years, and here we are in the digital age. While most people are upset about things like who won the World Series, or the controversial Presidential election, not to say those are not valid things to worry about-- after all, I am just a nineteen year old who knows nothing-- another topic that is very prevalent in society today is gun safety and gun rights. Whether it be pro guns or against guns, the nation has been trending with gun controversy.

Throwback to August 2, 2016, a day a graphic resembling a revolver is removed from the cache of emojis held on the iconic iPhone. This small notion shows our basic rights were taken away by one of the largest growing companies in the world; like maybe replacing a revolver with a green plastic water toy will solve world crime. In my opinion, a pixelated version of my second amendment right is something worth talking about.

When I go out to a shooting range and fire away at cardboard boxes, I hold the right to post a picture with the caption "Bunz Out Gunz Out," respectively, I should be able to accompany it with cutsie little pictures.

Sure there are bigger things to worry about, like world hunger or what I'm going to eat for breakfast tomorrow, but all I can say is that I want my gun emoji back.