How To Have The Perfect Threesome Without Feeling Awkward

Sometimes, three really is better than two.

1855
123rf

So, sex—we enjoy it. It is fun and very taboo. Yet, sometimes we do find it boring, doing the normal things over and over. We try sex toys, role-playing, and even other kinky things. Now we all must have dreamt of it sometime or thought about it, but why not a threesome.

So here is a guide for the best threesome of your life.

Being comfortable with one another is an essential thing.

That is why it is the first one. Equality is the way to go for this. You can’t make one person feel less than the other. That is a big no-no. You can’t make someone feel guilty. Rejection feels awful and especially when you're bearing all in a threesome. So to avoid this, why not go on a date altogether. It will allow each individual to be able to connect through conversation.

Hang out!

That is such a good idea, especially before sex. You have to make sure there is chemistry within all the participants. You can see how you feel about that person and this ties in with the comfort of the partners involved in the threesome. But make sure you aren’t doing a threesome because your partner really likes the person because that can lead to a bit of preference.

Boundaries are essential.

Like anything involved with sex, boundaries are always a good thing. Set limits to what is needed and what is wanted by each partner in the threesome. A ménage à trois can’t be truly satisfying if there is no communication about the boundaries. Establish a safe word; it will act as a tool for the sex.

Communication. Communication. Communication.

This includes the right to retract consent – this does not stop once sex begins. Before and during sex, it is important to speak up, if anyone feels uncomfortable.

Jealousy needs to be controlled.

Well, having a threesome can really test and teach you about sexual jealousy and your trust, if one of the partners is your partner for life. But you always have the right to say what you feel and stop anything you are not happy with. Just remember that this is just for an experience.

Enjoy yourself.

Get off while your partner is enjoying themselves. Have fun and let go. Focus on pleasing everyone. A threesome only succeeds if everyone is engaged with what is happening at the moment. Being open-minded to different things and not just fixated on one partner more than another. Focus on communicating this pleasure.

Go out in public together afterward.

It is a good idea to get out of the house and just be civilized after. Go from sex world to the real world, this can be done by getting breakfast, a slice of pizza or drinks.

Check-in.

Emotions always play a huge part of being human. So, things might change for everyone. Be ready for anything. Talk with your partner afterward to discuss how that felt and if it was worth it. Maybe you’ll have a second round. But remember to check in with the third party also, especially if they are your friend. Being comfortable and not having awkward moments between you three you after can be avoided by this.

In my recommendation, the third party should always be someone who you barely know. But that is just me. Just remember to enjoy yourself and have the time of your life.