A Guide To A Happy Summer Soul

A Guide To A Happy Summer Soul

Some tips about how to ensure your summer will not become a bummer.
30

First off, congratulations! We did it! We all made it through two semesters, another year of high school, or the painstaking hours of a job...and it's finally here. The three months of relaxation, happiness, warm weather, some good UV rays, and late nights. That's right -- summer is finally here.

However, if you don't do it right, your summer can quickly become a bummer.

Here are some tips to make sure that you enjoy your summer.

1. Friends

Most likely, a summer spent with friends is a summer well spent. Kick it with them at their place, on a road trip, in the woods, in the pool, at Chick-fil-a, or wherever. Summer is the time for you all to be together again and enjoy time spent together.

2. Safely Burn A Lot of Stuff

From the dawn of time, humans have bonded over fire. Through the ages, we have found friendship by gathering around a pit of burning material and singing kumbayah. So this summer, get all of last years notes, books, and whatever else you don't need and burn it. Just like toss all of it into the fire and laugh while your misery of the last year goes up in smoke. This event pairs well with s'mores.

3. Festivals and Concerts

I cannot stress this enough. Summer season is live outdoor music season. Whether you go to a huge festival like Coachella, Lollapalooza, or Firefly or just go and see little Billy preform his one man band experience in the park, get out there. Live it up and give little billy those devil horns and head banging he has dreamt of.

4. Sleep...a Lot

This one is just self explanatory, and honestly I don't want to Google "GIF of sleeping." That's just weird.

5. Watch The Sky

This one sounds super cryptic, but I promise it's not. When I say "watch the sky," I mean take a second from life and slow down. Admire the way the clouds float from one side to the other. Imagine what other people from around the world see at that moment. Just take a second and breathe in the world.

6. Stargaze

Very similar to the previous suggestion, but like, at night with stars and junk. Trust me -- it is very relaxing.

7. Sit On The Roof All Night

This is the best. Go out and sit on your roof. Just be careful because this is dangerous, and Odyssey does not condone any dangerous activity. (Just don't fall off, OK?)

8. Relax. Seriously.

First of all, I'm sorry for choosing opposite words to convey that header. My bad.

But for real, the key to summer success is relaxation. Don't worry about the problems of yesterday or tomorrow, just live in the moment. Enjoy time with friends, dance at festivals, and a deep breath while watching stars from your roof. Take time to do yourself because school is coming back in a few months, but no pressure.