How to Make Your 2018 Lifestyle a Healthy One

Don't forget how important your bodies chemicals are to your happiness!
656

Our levels of happiness are constructed through our brains and the chemicals (endorphins) and hormones that our brains produce. Whether we realize it or not, we have a standard grasp on maintaining our levels of happiness on a daily basis.

Dopamine is the single most vital chemical in your brain that acts as a neurotransmitter to impact our levels of pleasure and happiness. It is evident that our dopamine levels are lower than normal when we experience feelings of sadness and lack of enthusiasm during our daily routines. It has also been said that once you age from your teenage years and so on, your brain begins to lessen in natural dopamine levels. Therefore, it is important to manage a healthy dopamine level by sleeping at least 8 hours per night and making sure to exercise on a daily basis. These factors can be incredibly beneficial for motivational purposes and your brain will thank you!

According to Lindsey Konkel at http://everydayhealth.com, endorphins are “morphine-like chemicals produced by the body that help diminish pain while triggering positive feelings”. A major way to help your body produce endorphins is to exercise, which leads to your mind being in a positive mood. In addition, believe it or not, but the releasing of endorphins into your bloodstream can make you feel even more energized prior to your work out. Another primary way to induce endorphins is to laugh, which can also go hand-in-hand with the benefit of reducing anxiety.

The third major factor in igniting pure happiness are hormones. Oxytocin is a neurotransmitter that regulates sexual reproduction and is essentially responsible for developing intimate feelings and strong, healthy, trusting relationships with loved ones. This hormone can act as an antidepressant and an antianxiety agent in certain circumstances, like giving someone a hug rather than a handshake, for example.

Serotonin is another chemical that makes ourselves feel happy when we “want” to be. In her article, “7 Ways to Boost the Happy Chemicals in Your Brain”, Catherine Plano explains, “Serotonin flows when you feel satisfied, accomplished and important. However, a lack of serotonin can make you feel lonely, bleak and unhappy. Unhealthy attention-seeking behavior can also be a cry for serotonin”. For example, when we want to feel a sense of recognition or happiness, we can reminisce about things that have made us feel good in the past in order to boost our levels of serotonin.

There are many scientific and chemical bounding explanations and solutions to purifying happiness. In order to maintain a steady and healthy level of dopamine in your body, make sure to keep your body healthy by exercising, sleeping, and eating a good diet. Make sure to also keep a healthy balance of oxytocin in your body so you can maintain happy and healthy relationships with your friends and family by expressing your feelings to those you love!