This TikTok-Viral Facial Therapy Tool Cured My Inflammation

I Tried The Chinese Facial Therapy Tool That Went Viral On TikTok, And It Healed All My Inflammation

You'll find me gua sha'ing away, all day.

737

Until recently, I didn't know what a gua sha tool was until seeing someone use it on TikTok. I watched the user first trace her curvy, claw-shaped tool down her neck to her collarbone, and then in upwards motions along her jaw, cheek, and under her eyes.

She claimed that by doing this routine every day, "gua sha" has kept her face from looking puffy and has kept her skin tight and healthy.

Intrigued, I knew I had to try this new skincare technique. I've always been a bit more insecure about my rounder cheeks and undereye bags and wondered if "gua sha" would maybe help tighten my skin in these areas.

How I Found It

I purchased a gua sha set on Amazon, which came with four different tools. However, I only really used the "heart" and the "wing" pieces. These tools also are made out of stone, but like jade rollers, you can also purchase a jade gua sha tool like this one.

How I Used It

I gua sha'd once every morning and at night for 10 days.

After cleansing my face, I would apply the Cocokind Chia Facial Oil but any facial oil would work. I then start scraping the tool down my neck, then switching to upward motions as I guide it along my jaw, cheeks, and forehead.

I finish with moving the tool beneath my eyes and above my lips, which provides an oh-so-cooling sensation and releases any tension in these areas.

Results

After practicing gua sha for over a week, I can already see and feel a difference in my skin. My face always feels so much more relaxed after I gua sha, which only takes under 10 minutes.

In terms of physical appearance, I see my cheeks and neck look a lot less inflamed and swollen than prior to using the gua sha. My eye bags, also have become less prominent, though not going away completely, but that's probably due to the less-than-optimal number of hours I sleep on average.

If you would like to try gua sha out, a tip I have is putting your gua sha tool in the refrigerator for 10-20 minutes before every session you have! This adds an extra coolness to the tool that makes it so relaxing as you use it to release all the pressure and tension in your face.

Conclusion

I definitely recommend gua sha as not only something to add into your skincare routine, but also as a way to destress before or after a long workday!

I had little idea of how much tension we hold in areas of our face on the daily — and gua sha really helps release that tightness we hold in! Throughout these past several days, I've been looking forward to those 10 minutes every morning and night when I would do my gua sha routine, and I will continue to do so!

Get the Gua Sha Scraping Massage Tool Set on Amazon for $25.

From Your Site Articles