Growth

Growth

No longer centered around what is gained

169
Growth
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/11/25/636472490211136394-1390773780_IMG_3572.JPG

growth

/grōTH/

noun (n). the process of increasing in amount, value, or importance.

As I reflect on this past year and think about a question I've been asking others- what are you most thankful for this year- I realized that I am most thankful for growth. When I hear the word growth, I think of an increase in the positive and the good I had hoped for in life. Over the past 2 years I have experienced loss, pain, and a tremendous amount of growth. It has taken a lot of eye-opening God moments for me to see that growth occurs when I stop and enjoy the beauty around me. When the daily things are stripped away, it becomes easier to be content in all that I have: an abundance of life's necessities and so much more. This past summer I went to Jalapa, Guatemala and experienced a love unlike any other. The way each person was content with so little they had and were willing to give all they have hit me hard and opened my eyes to a new way of life. I have experienced growth in my relationships, faith, family, and most importantly who I am and the way I see the world. I have both lost and gained relationships. Each relationship allows for me to grow and change the way I see others. The lost relationships have allowed me to learn more about myself. The gained relationships push me and encourage me to grow mentally and emotionally. My faith has grown in countless ways, from many nights deep into His word to prayers of contentness and thanksgiving. This past year I have lost many family members and become angry at God, angry at others, and angry at myself, but as time has gone by it's become easier to realize the strength in each of us is needed to pull the strength out of eachother. The bond between each person in my family is far from normal. The bond is strong and each person is able to encourage, love, and build one another up. As I look around at the things which surround me each and every day, it becomes easier to find the joy and the goodness through the pain and all of the hate. To see growth in such a way which is no longer centered around what is gained and now centered around my perspective. Today and everyday I am thankful for the people God has put in my life to help me see myself in different ways as well as push me to change my perspective and grow into a happier, healthier, and more content person.