Growing Up As A Black Girl

Growing Up As A Black Girl

No matter what people say, i will always be great.

659
backsexy

Growing up as a black girl, I always thought I looked different from others.

Growing up as a black girl, I was always told I have to work twice as hard because of my skin tone.

Growing up as a black girl, I never wanted to be called 'oreo' because people would think I was trying to act white.

Growing up as a black girl, I always wanted to straighten my hair because I thought my hair was nappy.

Growing up as a black girl, I always aspired to be a lighter skin tone because that's what the media portrayed as beautiful.

Growing up as a black girl, I automatically acted ghetto because that's the way you see African American women acting on the TV screen.

Growing up as a black girl, if your parents didn't buy you the latest fashion trend, you were considered poor.

Growing up as a black girl, I was always talked about because "Sally-Mae wore her hair down, but when Tasha wore her's down it was a problem because it looks untamed."

Growing up as a black girl, guys were never attracted to me because I didn't have long silky hair, blue or hazel eyes, and what they thought was beautiful light skin.

Growing up as a black girl, I would always get roasted If I didn't have the newest 24-inch Brazilian hair running down my back.

Growing up as a black girl, I always felt insecure when I walked into an advanced class at school and if I was the only person of color.

Growing up as a black girl, I was always told "Don't be no crazy baby mama, you better keep your legs closed. You gone have 6 babies while your man on child support."

Growing up as a black girl, I was already looked at as a "high school dropout" because of the stereotype that all female African Americans will get pregnant in high school and have to drop out so they could take care of their children.

Growing up as a black girl, I had a strong black mother who was always there for me and pushed me to do better in life.

Growing up as a black girl, I always had a beautiful black mentor who would tell me "I am priceless."

Growing up as a black girl, I was able to see the First Black President along with his African American wife and two gorgeous daughters come into the oval office.

Growing up as a black girl, I had a wonderful African American dad who always told me I was a princess.

Growing up as a black girl, I had a big brother who would always protect me from those guys who were just out there to steer me down the wrong path.

Growing up as a black girl, I had a very intelligent sister who was always there when I needed her.

Growing up as a black girl, I decided I'm not going to let any stereotype stop me from reaching my goal.

Growing up as a black girl, I made up in my mind I can do ANYTHING I put my mind too.

Growing up as a black girl, I never let anyone tell me I can’t achieve greatness because of my skin color.

Growing up as a black girl, I learned to embrace my kinky hair and love on my dark majestic skin.

Growing up as a black girl, I started to watch shows on TV that embraced my African culture.

Growing up as a black girl, I began to walk into classrooms with my head held high because my ancestors died for me to be able to get an education.

To all the wonderful, outstanding, dark-skinned, light-skinned, brown-or-white skinned, beautiful, god-fearing, over-achieving, kinky-haired, long, short, or bold-hair, blue, green, purple, black, or hazel eyed, wonderfully made in God's image girls. Don't let anyone ever define you. Everyone is beautifully made in God's eyes!

Psalms 139:14 “I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.”