Can Friends Before More?

Throughout our lives we come across many people and, in some shape or form, we quickly define the relationship. But, sometimes, we can miscategorize. Sometimes, a particular person means something different to us.

Friends are people you rely on, trust, and share quality time with in a mutual capacity. They call on you, you call on them. And those callings should not feel obligatory or forced. Each of you should want to reach out to each other.

And the content of what you reach out for should not always be about asking for help or needing advice, the content could just be arbitrary such as "are cheese doodles better than cheese puffs?"

See, friends are not restricted to particular subjects of conversation; friends talk about everything and anything. Friends can talk about TV, relationships, and politics all in the same dialogue. It is one of the major benefits of having a friendship, the idea that you have the freedom to talk about things you would like to talk about.

Of course, there are times when friends disagree and fight, but true friends come together. True friends come back stronger than before.

Sometimes distance can separate friends more than just geographically, but true friends find ways stay connected.

And all of this is possible because of growth. Friends should be learning from each other, that consequently leads to growing together. And sometimes, you and a particular friend may grow in a different direction than other friends you may have. Sometimes, you see a particular friend in a new light, and they see you in a new light too.

In other words, relationships can change.

So, if your feelings are bit more than what they were before, then your friendship has grown into something more.

The two of you might have certain moments when you are alone, or when your guard is down. You may even find yourselves thinking about each other more so than your other friends.

So, what does this all mean?

This just means that you two are closer than you were before, and what happens next is up to you.

The two of you can form a romantic relationship and see what happens. People do tend to be the most satisfied in a long-term romantic relationship when they were friends prior. And the two of you do not necessarily have to figure out particular characteristics about each other, because you already know each other. There is a comfort level that is established that does not have to be discovered if the two of you were not once friends.

But, a romantic relationship does not necessarily have to happen. The two of you can just be more than friends, for whatever that may mean for you both.

See, the point is, each pairing of people defines the relationship they want.

There is no need to categorize your relationship to some standard set by others or society. You can just have the relationship you want.

So, you can be friends, girlfriend and boyfriend, or just more than friends. Take your pick.

And cheese puffs are better, obviously.