15 Signs You're The Mom Friend Of The Group
Friendships

15 Ways You’re The Designated 'Mom' Friend Of The Group

But you wouldn't want it any other way!

154

I think we can all agree that every friend group has one member that is the mom. It doesn't matter how small or how large your friend group is, there is always a mother role that one friend fills. And if you don't know who it is, odds are, it's you. There's nothing wrong with giving your friends a little motherly love, I have come to terms with this role, and now I just own it. And so, will you.

Here are 15 signs that you are the mother of the friend group.

1. You drive a minivan

Source

Not a mom-friend necessity, but definitely a perk. If you drive a minivan, you have plenty of room for all your friends and can keep an eye on most of them as you're driving.

2. You make sure your friends have water and Advil after a night out

Source

If your friends are going out, you always make sure they are prepared for the morning after. That means, liquids, medicine, and food.

3. You wait until whoever you're dropping off made it in their house before you pull away

Source

You don't want to risk them being stuck outside for hours when they can just come back to your house. Plus, knowing they're safely in their house will make you happy.

4. You remind your friends to do their homework, no matter how much they don't want to

Whether you're hanging out at the library or in your apartment, you always make sure their studies come first. Even if it means not seeing them until the weekend.

5. You tell your friends to text you when they make it home safely

For those times when you're not driving, you need to know your besties made it to their homes safely. Regardless of the weather or time of day, you just want some peace of mind knowing their safe and sound.

6. You're a shoulder to cry on for everything

Source

If there's boy drama, you're there with tissues and ice cream. If there's financial instability, you're there with dinner and drinks. You are always there to listen to your friends' problems and offer comforting advice to help solve them.

7. You're often a third wheel

Source

Your friends will ensure that it's a big group of people going, but then you're the only without a date. This could happen so often, that one of your resolutions is to NOT be the third wheel this new year.

8. You're addicted to baking, cooking, and house renovating shows

I am currently obsessed with shows about houses. I find them fascinating and really enjoyable to watch. And you bet I have watched all kinds of baking shows on Netflix. I absolutely eat them up!

9. You're not afraid to fight anyone who hurts or argues with your friends

Anyone who wrongs your friend, wrongs you by association. This is a perk of having a mom friend, she's not afraid to take matters in her own hands to protect her friends.

10. You proofread every essay

Source

You want nothing but success for your friends. Even if that means reading w twenty-page paper about a topic you don't care about. Or a lab report that you don't understand. You're a proofreading god.

11. You volunteer to be the designated driver

You don't want your friends walking to the bars, and you definitely don't want them to have to pay for an Uber. So, you volunteer to transport your friends to and from the bars because you love them that much.

12. You know your friends' cut-off limits

As the mom friend, you can tell when your friends have had a little ~too~ much to drink. So, you learn their limits and exchange their mixed drinks for water. You also make sure all friends have eaten something before a night out.

13. You encourage your friends to put themselves out there

You are your friends' biggest fan. You support them through everything, and you also push them out of their comfort zones to try new things. You make sure they're looking into new things and putting their best effort forth.

14. You refer to your friends as your "babies"

Your friends may be older than you, but that doesn't matter here. You refer to your friends as your "babies," "kiddos," etc. because your friends are small and pure and need to be protected.

15. You make sure everyone is happy and comfortable

You always make sure everyone has a drink, if they want anything to eat, or need a blanket or phone charger, anything. You will even drive them to McDonald's or Walmart for something they're craving because you're just that good.