Some Of The Good Things That Happened in 2016

It wasn't all bad

17
Youtube

The year is finally coming to a close and I think it is safe to say most people aren't sorry to see it go. Although a year is just a frame of time people like to label it as bad and blame all their problems on it. They say "can 2016 just be over?" as if as soon as the clock strikes midnight they can leave all their problems, everything negative that has happened to them, in this abstract frame of time. So to put a better spin on this past year, here is a list of good things that happened in 2016.

1. Leonardo DiCaprio won his first, many would say long overdue, Oscar award.

2. The Cubs won the World Series for the first time in over 100 years.

3. Justin Bieber won his first Grammy Award since the start of his career.

4. As of September, the Giant Panda is no longer on the endangered species list.

5. Netflix introduced offline streaming services.

6. Many millennials got the opportunity to vote for the first time.

7. Gene editing technology, a science that was discovered to mutate cancer cells, was tested on a human for the first time. They hope to get it on the market by next year.

8. Toys R Us offered "quiet hours" of shopping so autistic children could enjoy their shopping experience.

9. Somewhere in the world a newborn puppy opened their eyes for the first time.

10. Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone released the third movie they have starred in together.

11. Africa is Ebola free.

12. Somewhere a solider came home and surprised their family for Christmas.