what christianity says about suicide

god's Purpose For You Kicks Suicide To the Curb

God's purpose will NEVER lead us down a road of self destruction or suicide.

551
Madison Bailey

Statistics reveal that a suicide is committed every 40 seconds. It's not uncommon - it happens every single day. Many times, we don't think about suicide unless it happens with either a celebrity or a loved one. We should think about it much more often, but we just don't.

Every day, so many people face the decision of whether to continue living or to end their lives. Each person with breath in their lungs and a beating heart has a purpose. Even when someone chooses to take his or her life, that doesn't take away the fact that he or she had a purpose.

I'm not writing this to emphasize suicide awareness, although suicide most definitely should be discussed more. I want to emphasize the importance of your purpose and how valuable you are. You were crafted by an incredible Creator who instilled in you a purpose unique to you and only you. No one else can fulfill your purpose. The goal of living this life is to pursue your purpose; whether or not you fulfill that purpose is your choice.

God is the ultimate Creator, which means he created our existence. As the Creator of our existence, he has authority over each individual person's existence. We have no authority in that area. If we take matters into our own hands and decide it's time for our existence to end, it goes against God's authority as well as His purpose for our lives. His purpose will NEVER lead us down a road of self destruction or suicide.

1 Corinthians 10:13 says, "No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it." Now, read through it again, but focus on that last part. "He will also provide a way out so that you can endure it." It doesn't end by saying God provides a way out.

The Bible clearly states God provides a way out so we can ENDURE it. He allows us to endure temptations and hardships because He has a plan; there is a greater purpose hidden within the trials we face. He gives us the tools to undergo any and all challenges. It requires faith, and it won't be easy the majority of the time. However, nothing in this life comes easy. Although we'll face many challenges throughout our lives, we're equipped to handle them through the grace of God. When we overcome trials, we're fulfilling God's purpose for our lives.

If you ever feel as though suicide is the only way out, read 1 Corinthians 10:13. Suicide is and will never be the answer. God will provide; we must be patient and open to what God has to offer. Remember, no one else can fulfill your purpose. Your purpose is unique to you and only you - don't ever let anyone convince you otherwise.