Church On Sundays Are Better Than Saturday Night Parties

7 Reasons Going To Church Early On Sunday Beats Sleeping Off Your Saturday Night

It's not that hard, plus you can nap in the car on the way to lunch!

768

If you have read some of my other articles, you would know that I am a very strong believer in my Christian faith. While I wasn't as devoted in middle school and high school, I have definitely changed my habits since coming to college.

I do my devotionals every day, I read the Bible, and I am constantly praying throughout the day--whether I'm praying for a friend, or for Him to help me out on that math test next class. But, I have also been reincorporating going to church on Sunday mornings. My family and friends get up early, go to Port City Community Church, grab a cup of coffee, and get ready to praise the Lord.

I don't have to give up late nights and having fun with my friends, but I should incorporate spending time with the Lord. There are seven main reasons why getting up early and going to church is so much more important than sleeping off the partying you did Saturday night:

1. It starts off your day right

cdn.pixabay.com

No matter how badly your head hurts, how nauseous you feel, or how messy your room is, your day will start off on the right foot the moment you start worshiping the Lord.

2. It brings you closer to your friends than a party ever will

cdn.pixabay.com

I have become so much closer to my friends and family who I go to church with every Sunday. The productive conversations we have about God and all the amazing things He does, beats out playing beer pong any night.

3. You get to go get brunch after!

media-cdn.tripadvisor.com

After we go to church, we all head to Jimbo's Restaurant to get delicious biscuits with gravy, eggs, waffles, french toast, and so much more. If you're ever in Wilmington, be sure to stop by!

4. You might just hear a message God intended for you

cdn.pixabay.com

There have been many mornings that I was reluctant to wake up and go to church, but boy am I glad I did. God is always finding ways to incorporate his message for you into worship. Who knows, you might just hear Him give you the answer you've been looking for?

5. It will start your new week off great

cdn.pixabay.com

It's just another way to start off your week feeling good.

6. As a college student, we all need Jesus more than sleep

cdn.pixabay.com

We ask for help on tests, help managing stress, and sometimes praying for the school shuttle to hit us as we're in the crosswalk (although He would never do it). So the least we could do, as college students, is to repay him on Sundays.

7. It brings you closer to the Lord

cdn.pixabay.com

Who wouldn't want a closer relationship with God, especially during the toughest times of our life? School, relationships, and life in general can be hectic. Let Him help you.

I do enjoy spending time with my friends outside of church and going to the occasional party, but the feelings you get from walking into church and singing, praising the Lord, and hearing the message from your pastor is better than any beat drop.

I challenge you to try and find a church near your college or university... bring your Bible, sing, listen closely to the pastor's message. You might just find that your weeks start looking a little brighter.

If it happens to be too bright on Sunday morning, bring a pair of sunglasses.