Why You Should Go Camping

Why You Should Go Camping

You may see some things you never have before

15
Why You Should Go Camping
visitnc

Bugs, dirt, rain, and possibly skunks...why would anyone want to project him or herself to these things of nature? Oh right, because it’s fun! Camping is a great experience and you should go at least once during your lifetime just to say you’ve tried it.

For the record, I have camped for over 10 years, and have never been sprayed by a skunk since my encounters with them have been so minimal. You will see way more squirrels and definitely dogs if the campground of your choosing allows pets. I have seen a cow on the loose from a nearby farm and that was way more scary hearing “moo-ing” late at night from a creak. A very nice looking cowboy pulled up in a pickup to retrieve the cow with a lasso... what better entertainment could you ask for people?

On top of cowboys, you can find many campgrounds near bodies of water to go fishing, boating, and tubing. Most campgrounds feature in-ground swimming pools as well. What better way to beat the heat? I’ve been to places with tennis and basketball courts, arcade games, pool tables, and ping-pong too! The activities are endless and the open space allows for even more! You can also buy cool lawn games to set up, such as ladder ball or washers!

My big summer family has had some pretty intense washer tournaments. They set up all their awesome camping chairs (they have cup holders and some have small tables attached) and compete for hours!

Camping is awesome because you can go with your family or your friends. You can plan a weekend trip with friends! As long as you have a buddy to help you set up the tent, you’ll be golden. Putting up a tent with somebody can be frustrating at times, but it is a good test of your friendship/ relationship.

Going camping allows you to enjoy the fresh air, nature, and the stars. You can relax and things are simple, so you have time to take it all in.

The best part of camping is sitting around a campfire, talking, laughing, and of course roasting marshmallows! Going camping is a great opportunity to get to know people and actually talk to them. It’s just you guys and nature, so embrace it!