What It's Like Being The Single Girl Who's 'One Of The Guys'

17 Things The Girl Who's 'One Of The Guys' Knows When She ISN'T Dating One Of Them

No, none of them is my boyfriend. In fact, I'm the only single one in the group.

2587

I will admit, I have a lot of guy friends. In fact, I would say that 85% of my friend group are guys. And when you have a group of mainly guy friends, sometimes you turn into "one of the guys." And that's usually fine. Here are 17 things that girls who just happen to be "one of the guys" understand.

1. "Cracking open a cold one with the boys" is something you actually do.

Boys don't usually do wine, OK?

2. Everyone assumes that you're dating one.

3. Or they assume one of them is related to you.

Nope. Once again, they are just my friends.

4. You can dress like a hobo because honestly, they don't really care.

There aren't any appearances to keep up here. Sweatpants are the outfit of choice for everyone.

5. Your guys will always give you an honest opinion.

Those boys don't hold anything back.

6. But they will also stick up for you through anything.

I can count on my guys to murder for me.

7. Talking about girls is just something you do. 

Hey, I talk to them about boys. I have to return the favor.

8. You are privy to some very weird conversations.

You don't even want to know.

9. People think you don't have any girl friends.

I have a few. My guys and I are just closer.

10. You always have someone to play pool with.

I haven't met a single guy friend who can't play pool.

11. You occasionally get asked to set up one of your guy friends with an acquaintance.

This is always really awkward, because I don't like playing matchmaker for my girl friends.

12. Dungeons and Dragons is a weekly occurrence.

Can't say I don't enjoy this one.

13. When you get dressed up, they're really confused.

They're always confused when I come around in a dress.

14. Your sense of humor is probably more vulgar than theirs.

This always surprises them more than me.

15. Your Friday nights are always interesting.

I never know what to expect with them.

16. Being aggressive is just part of the dynamic.

A good punch to the shoulder never hurt anyone.

17. You wouldn't have it any other way.

They're really the best.