A Girl's Guide To Going Out

A Girl's Guide To Going Out

Here are 10 tips to going out and having the best night!

21
A Girl's Guide To Going Out
Maya Campbell

Ladies, here's one for us. A girls guide to going out and having the perfect night. These are just some tips that I know, so hope they help!

Tip 1: Know where you are going. I always like to have a plan but this is essential to figuring out the rest of the night. This helps you determine what kind of shoes to wear, outfit, coat, and whether you need to bring money for the uber.

Tip 2: Plan for the right kind of shoes. I'm definitely guilty of wearing the wrong shoes on the wrong occasion. Depending on where you're going, or what you have to walk in the distance, it's so important to have the right kind of shoes. You could be wearing heels but end up having to walk on a lawn to get there, or the party was too casual for heels, or maybe you have to walk home from the cottages in heels. Or maybe even you wore white converses to a party a bit fancier than that. Plan those shoes accordingly ladies.

Tip 3: Know your limits. There is no worse party foul than getting to the party and ending up having to leave because of you pre-gaming harder than you thought. Plus, it's always better to be a little bit grounded in case you are in an unfamiliar place with unfamiliar people. No one likes vomiting either or to carry or be carried home.

Tip 4: Have a solid squad you're going out with. No one likes being left alone at the party, or having to go to the bathroom by herself. It's always good to have your best friends with you to live up the night and keep you safe.

Tip 5: Take straight fire pictures BEFORE you head out. Yes there are the cute group photos that you have a random person take at the party, but it's good to get those cute fire pics in the hallway or in front of the tapestry before your hair gets flat or you have to put it up because it was too hot, and before all sorts of spills get on your cute outfit.

Tip 6: Bring the right kind of coat with you. I've never had the cutest going out coats because I've always preferred to be warm and comfortable than extremely fashionable. However, going out in the winter, it gets so cold and you have to stay warm somehow! Bring a coat BUT bring one that you don't really care about and that is easy to manage. I found that bringing a crappy kind of coat and stowing it away somewhere works the best. Pro-tip, tie you and your girl's coats together and hide them somewhere your group knows of that is accessible but still not easy to get stolen.

Tip 7: Hide and hold your ID with your life. Yeah, it's only $25 to replace your ID, but that sucks. Invest in the squishy sticky ID holder things they sell at Hayden's, and make sure your ID stays in there. Always make sure you have a solid place for your ID because being stranded outside and having to wait for someone to let you in is awful.

Tip 8: If you have to think about how cute he actually is or whether you'll regret it even the slightest, don't do it.

Tip 9: DO NOT CALL THAT BOY. Maybe this doesn't apply to you, maybe it does, but you know exactly what I'm talking about, DO NOT CALL HIM.

Tip 10: Drink lots of water before heading to bed. If you can, brush your teeth, and at least try to wash your face, even if it involves just a heavy swipe of the makeup wipe. You won't regret it, and it'll be much less embarrassing when you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and your eyeliner wing ends up on the side of your face, and your other eye is an actual raccoon eye.

Hope these tips help, ladies!