A Little Girl's Dream

A Little Girl's Dream

All girls dream about their Prince Charming.

798
A Little Girl's Dream

Most girls probably starting at the age of eight or so have this picture in their head of who their prince charming will be. They picture this grand wedding they will have. Then the wedding planning and everything at that age they can think will happen. Sometimes they are lucky enough to play around in their mother's wedding dress and walk in her shoes and act like they are getting married. They have this big imagination in their that everything will be perfect and as they get old that dream gets smaller.

Starting from a young age until they slowly get older, girls to start to realize there is more to a marriage than just the over-sized wedding. I remember growing up and daydreaming about my wedding and I believe that the entertainment industry plays a large role in that. Watching movies about the girl and boy falling in love and having their "dream wedding" and living happily ever after. That dream we all have seems like one day will hopefully be a fantasy.

As I got older, the wedding became more of a reality that I should not be dreaming about. The marriage to someone is what I should be dreaming about. The hopes that one day my "prince charming" would come around or the picture in your head how he will pop the question to you. I believe that the marriage is more important than the over-sized wedding would be. I should hope that after all the bliss from the wedding day goes, the marriage is stronger each and every day. Yes, the idea of dress shopping, tasting the wonderful cakes, looking at venues and shopping for rings but I hope after the wedding, the marriage is even better.

It's hard when social media or the entertainment industry promotes the wedding industry when you just want to get married and have that exact same $75,000 wedding. I love the television show "Say Yes To The Dress," I love seeing all the gorgeous dressing and then rating them or getting on Pinterest and secretly making a board for all of your wedding ideas down to the exact. Somewhere on some type of social media is going to promote weddings and it is hard not to stop and look for hours and daydream.

It just seems that all girls have that piece of them that they think about their wedding. We watch Disney princess movies and want to be the princess one day living in a castle with their prince. As we get older, we dream less of living in a castle with their prince charming and more of a marriage. We start to realize that the wedding day will dissolve and there will have to be more to it.

From Your Site Articles