Even in a room full of boys, us girls can do it

Watch Out Boys, Engineering Majors Are For The Girls

We won't let the boys intimidate us...not today, not tomorrow, not ever!

123
http://rooseveltinstitute.org/class-only-approach-will-fail-women-color/

Sometimes there are going to be more guys than girls in your classes. That's normal for Engineering majors. I recently started college and that's how it is for most of my classes. There are more guys than girls and sometimes that can be intimidating. Sometimes I enter a room full of guys and that's just not normal for me. It's easier for me to talk to girls. But I have to get used to it because that's how it's going to be for the rest of my engineering classes and possible the rest of my career.

Even though there are going to be more guys than girls in my classes, that will not stop me in succeeding. It shouldn't intimidate me because I know a girl can do anything that a guy can do. If a man gets an engineering degree, so can a girl. In fact, I am more motivated than ever. I am now in my first engineering major classes and I am so excited to learn more about this career. I want to learn more about what I'm going to do in the future. I am motivated to succeed in those classes, and boys are not going to stop me from doing so.

Girls have to stick together. In my Intro to Environmental Engineering class, there are probably like 50 people. There are about 10 girls in the class. This is something that has to change because we need more women engineers. Women are scared because they are easily intimidated by men. So if they enter a career that is 90% men and is already hard in the first place, they think they will not succeed. But girl... YOU WILL SUCCEED. Don't let society standards tell you what to do. If you like that career then go for it. So what you're a girl? So what you're different? Who cares. You will succeed. It is the truth. Get that degree.