To The Girl Who Doesn't Love Herself

To The Girl Who Doesn't Love Herself

To The Low Self- Esteem GIrls

27
To The Girl Who Doesn't Love Herself
Bored Panda

Dear low self - esteemed girl,

I know you think that the more skin you show or the more makeup you cake on, it's going to make you more attractive, right? That's where you're wrong.

As coming from a girl who absolutely hates every possible thing about herself, I can tell you that it doesn't make me feel any better about myself.

I mean, sure, makeup is so great, it does make me happy to wear it, and showing a little more skin could come off as being confident... or trashy, whichever way you look at it.

I know that you might want to have the "perfect" body and have others admire it, aspiring to have that same look, but is it really worth it? I can assure it's not.

Okay, so I know I don't have the best body in the world or the prettiest of faces, but I don't think that doesn't make me a horrible person.

When it comes to loving my body and who I am, it can be quite hard; the are all these standards that we have to supposedly meet up to when it comes to our clothes, weight, looks, the way our makeup should be done, and even then so, it always somehow comes out wrong to one person or another.

So, what? You think that just because you don't wear the most expensive clothes and have the best name brand makeup, that you're not good enough? Again, WRONG!

I can easily say that being a girl with a low self-esteem is one of the worst ways to live. Now, I mean, I can tell we're getting better at loving ourselves, including myself, which is amazing.

I won't hit you with the whole cliché thing of "we're all beautiful in our own way," because who really, honestly, believes that? I know I don't.

In the simplicity of it all; it's. not. easy.

I know that there are many of us girls out there trying to keep their chins high and their smiles bigger, because that's what matters the most.

And if you don't believe me when I say that personality is key; it really is and that is nothing short of the truth.

For as much as I can say I don't particularly like about my appearance, I can say that my personality is one of my best traits that I have.

Sure, it might not win over the hearts that I so desire it to, but that's because those hearts didn't matter in the first place.

I guess all I'm trying to say here is that beauty isn't based on the opinions of others and how they see you; it matters how you see you, and you should see yourself as a princess who is nothing but the best and deserves the world and more.

"So keep your head up, princess, your crown is falling."