11 Gilmore Girls Episodes To Watch Before The Revival

It's a lifestyle.

40
Screen Rant

On November 25th, the highly anticipated Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life will be available to stream on Netflix. So, before your post-Thanksgiving marathon of the Gilmore Girls revival, consider rewatching (or even watching for the first time) these quintessential Gilmore Girls episodes to get mentally prepared.

Spoiler Alerts Ahead

1. Season 1, Episode 1: "Pilot"

Although this isn't one of the best episodes of the show, the first Gilmore Girls episode provides us with an introduction to Rory and Lorelai's unique relationship, life at Stars Hollow, and the all-important Luke's Diner. In this episode, Rory is accepted into Chilton, and Lorelai reluctantly asks her wealthy parents for financial help, which brings Richard and Emily Gilmore and their Friday night dinners onto the scene.

2. Season 1, Episode 7: "Kiss And Tell"

Rory has her first kiss and doesn't tell Lorelai. When Lorelai hears about it from an angry Mrs. Kim, she invites Dean over for what turns out to be a very awkward movie night. Rory's first relationship begins in this episode, and the Gilmores' love of junk food and movies is established.

3. Season 2, Episode 22: "I Can't Get Started"

Paris and Rory run for student body president and vice-president, bringing out Paris's competitive nature. Sookie and Jackson get married. Rory is caught between her relationship with Dean and her feelings for Jess. Lorelai and Christopher get back together, and their future as a family is looking bright, until Christopher's soon to be ex-girlfriend calls to tell him she is pregnant.

4. Season 3, Episode 7: "They Shoot Gilmores, Don't They?"

This episode starts with the chaos excitement of the Stars Hollow Dance Marathon and ends with Rory being left brokenhearted after the Jess-Rory-Dean love triangle explodes on the dance floor. This is definitely one of the best episodes of the entire show.

5. Season 3, Episode 22: "Those Are Strings, Pinocchio"

Rory graduates from Chilton as the valedictorian, while Lorelai, Emily, and Richard watch with tears in their eyes. The Independence Inn closes, and Rory finally acts like an adult when she asks her grandparents for a loan to pay for Yale so that Lorelai doesn't have to sacrifice her dream of opening the Dragonfly Inn.

6. Season 4, Episode 2: "The Lorelais' First Day At Yale"

Lorelai moves Rory into Yale and ends up driving back to spend the night with her when Rory experiences homesickness for the first time. Rory gets the surprise of her life when she learns that Paris is her roommate and has brought a life coach with her to college. This episode is the start of the second chapter of Rory's life and the beginning of her adulthood.

7. Season 4, Episode 22: "Raincoats And Recipes"

This episode is packed with excitement and important events. The Dragonfly Inn finally opens, Rory loses her virginity to Dean who is married, and Luke and Lorelai kiss for the first time, making everything right in the world. This emotional rollercoaster of an episode is my all time favorite.

8. Season 5, Episode 7: "You Jump, I Jump, Jack"

Rory goes to a secret overnight location with Logan Huntzberger for her newspaper article on the a secret society at Yale. Logan represents the money and privilege that Lorelai despises, but he also pushes Rory out of her comfort zone. This is evidenced by the final stunt of the Life and Death Brigade, in which she and Logan jump off of scaffolding in formal wear with only a harness and an umbrella.

9. Season 5, Episode 13: "Wedding Bell Blues"

The 100th episode of Gilmore Girls is one of the most dramatic episodes of the show. Emily and Richard renew their wedding vows, Christopher returns to break up Lorelai and Luke, and Rory decides to pursue Logan. This episode is full of typical Gilmore family drama and is a turning point in many of the characters' relationships.

10. Season 6, Episode 19: "I Get A Sidekick Out of You"

Lane gets married to bandmate Zack, and Mrs. Kim finally accepts Lane's rock star lifestyle. Everyone attends two wedding ceremonies – one Buddhist and one Seventh Day Adventist – followed by a wedding reception in the town square. Lane finally gets her happy ending.

11. Season 7, Episode 22: "Bon Voyage"

All the series finale leaves a few too many things open-ended, it is full of nostalgic moments and classic Stars Hollow spirit. This episode must be re-watched so that you remember where the Gilmore Girls left off.