11 Holiday Surprises For This Year's Secret Santa

11 Gift Ideas Perfect For This Season's Secret Santa Gift Exchange

Don't stress!

77
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4y46kXtSsc4&t=550s

The countdown to the most wonderful time of the year is upon us. Yes, Thanksgiving has come and gone, and the Christmas decorations have started to pop up everywhere I look. Granted, the Christmas season is not solely about gift giving, but the stress that gift exchanges bring is far to difficult to deal with last minute. Here is a list of 11 gift ideas to help you plan for this upcoming season of giving.

1. Coffee mugs.

If you and your college friends are anything like me, then this might find the perfect gift! Isn't running on caffeine and no sleep a requirement of college? Why not endorse your friend's caffeine addiction by surprising them with a cute coffee mug with the perfect saying. This gift idea is a personal favorite of mine, in fact, every year my collection keeps growing.

2. Fuzzy socks.

I don't know when fuzzy socks became a thing, but they are. Socks are no longer the boring gift that parents stuff in your stockings. They are a thing! If you live up north than they can come in handy during the cold months that lay ahead. Struggling to find a gift, go with cute fuzzy socks.

3. Zodiac necklaces.

We all know that person who encouraged us to get the CoStar app. If you are struggling to find the perfect gift for someone - go with their astrological sign. It does not have to be a necklace; maybe you'll discover a coffee mug, bracelet or journal filled with their designated constellation.

4. Face masks.

You can never go wrong with a collection of face masks or sheet masks. If you are freaking out over a gift idea this holiday season, go with something that enables self-care. Purchase a collection that ranges from hydrating (perfect for those up north) to detoxing (which we need after indulging in too many sweets). If I haven't said it enough, go with the sheet masks.

5. Essential oils.

I had to throw this suggestion on the list. Essential oils are some of my favorite things. Since getting my diffuser, I use essential oils regularly meaning I often have to replenish them. This little things are great for de-stressing, relaxing, sleeping and make a room smell great.

6. That perfectly scented candle.

Anyone who thinks candles are lame is lame. You can never go wrong with a nicely scented candle. If you live up north and crave a beach getaway, find a scent for this. Or maybe you live in the south where the only snow you see is on the Hallmark channel and desire a chestnut scented candle. Either way, if you need a little light in your life, go with a candle.

7. Blankets.

If your friends are anything like me, or you live somewhere where winter is unavoidable, I suggest purchasing a nice fuzzy blanket. If you are feeling really generous, maybe engrave your friends name on the blanket, that way no one can swipe it.

8. Bath bombs.

If you don't know what a bath bomb is, you must be living under a rock. On any given night, I can look on my Snapchat or Instagram and see one of my friends dropping a bomb into their bath and color exploding. Why not feed into the frenzy? These are the perfect gift idea. If the holidays provide time off, shouldn't that be paired with self-care? The answer is yes.

9. Journals.

Bullet Journals have risen in the ranks this year. If you are late to the party, a bullet journal is a combination of a to-do list, planner, calendar - really whatever the user makes of it. The user typically designs their journal in a way that helps them feel productive and calm. However, there are some people who lack the artistic gene. I include myself in this statement. Have no fear, there are plenty of companies that sell base bullet journals. It is a great gift to help your friend start the new year on a productive and organized foot.

10. A potted plant.

During those cold winter months, we all need a little green in our life. Whether going with bamboo, a cactus or an echeveria, this tiny plant is a cute and thoughtful gift. Plus, even if you are jinxed and somehow can kill a cactus, there still serve as cute decoration while they last.

11. An environmentally friendly water bottle.

We all have that friend who is slowly convincing us to use reusable bags, water bottles, and saying no to plastic. For that friend, how about a reusable water bottle. Not only would you be giving them a gift they could use, but they will be grateful for the effort you put into saving the world.

Happy shopping, but most importantly, happy holidays!