A Gift Guide For The Most Important People In Your Life

What to get your friends and family members this holiday season

56
Cuteomatic

Christmas is my all time favorite holiday. If you love cookies, pretty lights, warm drinks, and glitter as much as I do, I'm sure it is your favorite as well. However, I sometimes find myself (quite literally) wrapped up in the lights and not focused giving back to those who have given me the most. If you are really anything like me, you're always looking for the perfect gift that won't break the bank. Here's a list of the best things you can get the best people in your life!

1. For your best friends

These are the people you either spend most of your time with or they could be your childhood best friend. Jewelry is always the best way to go in my book, and nothing makes me think of my closest girls more than bracelets. Friendship bracelets are so fun and incredibly easy to customize. Or if you're running late on time and have a little extra cash in your pocket, you can swing into the mall and pick up a matching set from your favorite boutique.

You can make your own summer camp style heart bracelets in matching colors with this tutorial. If you have $10 in your wallet, Pura Vida bracelets are not only super cute, but they give back to such incredible causes all for $5 a bracelet. They come in fun colors and some even have cute charms that can represent your friendship. One set I've bought my fair share of is the Alex & Ani best friends set. It's a little on the pricey side, but it's something your other half will love forever.

2. For the one teacher who changed your life (and maybe your grade)

If you have that one teacher who spent hours pouring over your essays or helped you every time you needed it, even if it meant every day, they probably deserve a little thank you gift this holiday season.

I spend so much time with my teachers throughout the duration of the semester. My favorite teacher gifts are the handmade ones with a little twist. My personal favorite teacher gifts are coffee cups and gift cards. I love making cute mugs for my teachers, especially the ones who love coffee or tea. Here is an easy tutorial you can follow for a coffee cup and you can stop at your favorite coffee shop or the closest one to campus for a gift card to slide on the inside. In the alphabet of life, C is for caffeine after all.

3. For your grandparents

They are the real ones responsible for you being who you are. They raised your parents to raise you right and they always have your back. My grandma always makes cookies for her NINE grandkids on all sides of the country.

If your grandma or grandpa are anything like my grandparents, they love talking about their grandkids. Nothing would warm their hearts more than a hug from all of their grandbabies during the holiday season, but sometimes, that just isn't possible. Warm hands wrapped around your school's coffee cup would be the next best thing. You can stop in and buy one or you can take the teacher approach and make your grandparents a cute, handmade coffee mug.

4. Your siblings

I have an older sister and younger brother (even though he likes to think he's older) and I can't imagine life without them. I love to give them cheesy gifts and cute sibling pics do just that.

The cheesier the better. Throw a frame around your picture and you have a memory to last a lifetime. Walmart, or even the dollar store, has frames of any size to fit in any space. If you want to go all out, you can customize your frame any way you'd like and have your cheesy gift really come from the heart.

5. Your parents

These are the people who quite literally gave you life. Every year, I ask myself what I can give to the ones who gave me so much. Then I realize all they want is to spend time with me. So this Christmas, I know that I can make a cute photo frame, or I can twist some string to look like hearts, but the best part of the holidays is spending time with family.

At the end of the day, all anyone can ask for is to spend time with their loved ones. Sure, gifts are nice but you can always whip up a batch of sugar cookies and watch a movie in you pajamas with your friends or family and really feel the spirit of the holidays.