Giannis Antetokounmpo Interview with Akeem Wright

Welcome back everyone!!!!!!!! We here at Baller Central hope everyone is having the happiest of holidays and wanted to wish everyone a happy new year with 2019 coming to a close.Thank you for everyone for reading and sharing our articles in 2019 we will continue to bring you guys great articles next year!!!!! Enjoy our article of 2019 where Phil interviewed Akeem about his favorite player Giannis Antetokounmpo.

27
Forbes.com

Q:Who are you?

A: Akeem Nyjel Wright, 26, SC/IG -- akeem_nyjel ; Twitter -- sirakeem05

Q: How did you hear about Giannis?

A: Fantasy basketball. Not going to lie and say I've been a fan since he came in the league. But once I did finally discover who he was and what\ he was going to become, it was over. Now I'm a fan for life!

Q: First reaction when you saw him play?

A: I was honestly surprised. I didn't start watching him during his first few years but I've seen some film. And to see how small he was compared to how big he is currently is amazing. The transformation is incredible.

Q: Favorite Giannis game?

Madison.com

A: April 4, 2019 against Philadelphia 76ers. He was the first since Michael Jordan to have 45 points, 13 rebounds, 6 assists, and 5 blocks with no turnovers. The points and rebounds weren't what got me. It was the fact that he did all of that with no turnovers. You expect someone his size to not have great handle, but it's amazing that he went the entire game without giving the ball up.

Q: Player's biggest weakness?

A: Definitely his shooting. I've seen people shoot worse but his jump shot isn't the best. With someone his size, it's not expected for him to be able to hit multiple 3′s in a game.

Q: Player's biggest strength?

Hoops hype.com

A: His dunking ability. The way he can take control of the game is absolutely amazing. Teams have to change their entire style just to adjust to his form of playing. His size is a strength as well. He has so much power that most defenders have a hard time trying to keep up with him. And because he's so tall and long, trying to guard him is a hassle. Especially if he is on his way to the paint, it's nearly impossible to try and stop him unless its with a foul.

Q: First reaction when he won MVP?

Jsonline.com

A: My opinion may be a little biased, but I knew he was going to win. Even if the Bucks didn't make it to the championship, the season Giannis had was amazing. Granted, James Harden played phenomenally, but where did it get them? And the award is most valuable, not who scores the most. Just because you score a lot doesn't mean you have the most value. Because even with all the points Harden scored, his team still didn't make it very far. If Harden missed a game last year they had people that could potentially step up. When Giannis missed a game, not saying we lost, but the game flow was a lot different because you can feel his presence isn't there.

Q: Where do you rank him in the NBA?

A: I would rank him in the top 5. If we're talking currently he has to be anyone with a brain top 5. Look at this numbers for the year. He's doing phenomenal. You thought last year was a great year, he's doing better now. Which is saying a lot.

Q: Predictions for this season?

A: For Giannis? To develop a more consistent jump shot. For the team? Conference champs. I think they have the chance to win it all. That's all dependent on injuries and things of that nature. Keep in mind, that's just for this year. I know next year Giannis will be able to go to another team if he chooses. But we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Q: Predictions for the rest of his career?

A: Hall of fame definitely. Say what you want about the way he shoots, but you can't deny his ability to change how the game is played. And how players are mimicking his game play. I see him playing for the next 10-15 years. Especially with the modern medicine they have. His abilities can be stretched out for years to come. That's scary to think that's he's literally only to get better as years go by.

Thank you to our fellow writer Akeem Nyjel Wright for the interview!!!!! We hope everyone has an amazing end to 2019 and an even better 2020. Look out for even better and more consistent content for 2020!!!!