Why 'Ghosting' Isn't Okay, As Told By Beyoncé

Boy Bye...

106
YouTube

Isn't it great when you've finally found a super nice guy who is into you as much as you're into him? You guys talk all day, every day, you get to know each other, maybe you FaceTime or hang out and BAM! All of a sudden he stops answering your calls, texts, Snapchats, etc. Not okay. Coming from a girl's perspective, I don't think guys understand just how much it hurts to get "ghosted", or ignored completely out of nowhere.

They don't understand that the results of them ghosting us can be big. They don't get that we are genuinely hurt and confused. Our minds are racing with negative thoughts like "Did I do something to make him ignore me?" or "Oh my gosh, he must think I'm ugly or annoying."

Here's a timeline of what happens after being ghosted, as told by Beyoncé lyrics.

Within 24 hours of realizing it's happened:

"What a wicked way to treat the girl that loves you"...

Our minds go into panic mode. We keep asking ourselves what we did to get ghosted, almost always assuming it's our fault when it's probably not. You get progressively more angry at the fact that a guy can be heartless enough to do this and contemplate b*tching him out. Sometimes you go through with it and regret it later on, or sometimes you wait and decide to let it rest a little before you go nuts on him.

Within 2 days of it happening:

"Oh it is such a shame, you let this good love go to waste"...

You cry, maybe even sob, depending on how long you talked and how close you got. You feel hurt and upset. You still are left wondering why he did it (which you'll probably never get an answer to) and it makes you cry more. You sit there contemplating if you should text him and confront him. Now is a better time than when you're angry, so you do it. You tell him you wish this could've worked and that he must not have felt the way he said he did or else he wouldn't have ghosted you (which is true). And you tell him to have a good rest of his life (depending on the tone, this can be sent as rude or as a good luck to you, your call).

One week after being ghosted

"Middle fingers up, put them hands high, wave it in his face, tell 'em boy bye"...

At this point in my life, this has happened to me quite a few times (I know, pathetic) but hey, boys can be crappy sometimes (AmIRite, ladies?). You look back on it and aren't crying or livid anymore, it just is what it is. You may feel a little sad as the memories of what could've been creep up on you, try not to, he's not worth it. And you realize just that, he's not worth your time if he can't give you the time of day.

One month after:

"I ain't thinking 'bout you"...

You've probably moved on and forgotten about this boy (and yes, he is a "boy" for taking the chicken way out). He made you happy once, but now it's time to move over and let a new guy in that won't waste your time. Like you realized a few weeks ago, that boy's just not worth it anymore.

"He better call Becky with the good hair"...

Being ghosted absolutely sucks. It's actually one of the crappiest ways someone could break off contact with you. It makes you doubt yourself, your worth, and it just hurts. Just take all of this into consideration next time you feel the need to ghost someone, it may be easier on you both if you just tell them it's over.